Show your pedal boards here!

@bodia 's advice is sound. But here is a quick tip: Boss still makes awesome pedals. You don't need to go all boutique to get the sound you want. I started out with a bunch of Boss pedals, because like you there was little choice in the 80s. I now have a bunch of non-Boss pedals, which are great! But the Boss ones are still quite capable - I tend to use Boss for basic tones/effects, and then go to other brands when I'm looking for something a little different. Or, in the case of my tiny board above, when I need to go for specific size requirements: an equivalent Boss board would be twice the size.

If you go to The Gear Page (TGP), you will find far too much info about pedals. Pedals that are the darlings of the week (to be given the cold should next week), politics over certain pedal makers, arguments over buffers vs bypass, The Klon Wars, etc. But...there is some useful info there, and certainly lots of enthusiasm for pedals.
Thanks @shinksma.

I’m gonna keep it simple and as @bodia advised, buy good condition, used to save some coin.

Thanks guys

I’d agree that there are any number of Boss Pedals that sound great; and there’s also plenty of boutique stuff that often has different (some would say more) character.

Most Boss pedals do what they do very well, but can be a little generic. However, there are Boss pedals that are as good as anything out there, especially some of their Wazacraft offerings.

In the end, it’s all about what you’re after when it comes to pedals. Authentic vintage 60s-70s sounds? There are other directions that might make more sense than Boss. More experimental sounds? Plenty of choices there, too.

And there are somewhat exotic/expensive “studio grade” pedals that have tremendous transparency and sound truly awesome, if that’s a thing you’re after.

Fortunately, most pedals can coexist peacefully on a pedalboard, and not all of them need to be fancy-schmancy!

23824808_148485315876523_8897214346405347328_n.jpg

I have more pedals than sense. This was a grab and go Boss only board.

Sooooo... Within 24 hours of posting a pic of my awesomely color coded pedal board (lol) I've decided to change my board. I'm gonna put a transparent OD and a baby wah on that bad boy. I've got an 8 pedal limit so if I need another pedal then something will have to hit the road...

And finally... Here is the new board. Bigger and better (but still ran out of real estate for my Source Audio EQ so that pedal is all lonely on a lil board by itself now).

hoj1cKe.jpg

Page 1, Paragraph 1, Rule 1 of The Book Of Pedalboards:

Always go for the bigger board.

Lol. But see thats what I did! I went from a Metro16 to a Metro24 thinking 'I will never fill up those extra inches'... Then I fell in love with 2 different wah pedals at the same time and all of the sudden no more room.

:-(

After the wahs took over, only had room for one more pedal. It was either the Crunch Box or the EQ. EQ got kicked to the curb.

213791-c67467b34f4f474c6ff235139e443b03.jpg

This is my larger board.....I've also got a grab n go size (PedalTrain mini).
Pedal above the Neo Ventilator is a custom OD/Distortion pedal (Mad Pharmacist) made by a friend.

213791-c67467b34f4f474c6ff235139e443b03.jpg

This is my larger board.....I've also got a grab n go size (PedalTrain mini).
Pedal above the Neo Ventilator is a custom OD/Distortion pedal (Mad Pharmacist) made by a friend.

I see a Timmy! I love my Timmy.

Edit: I like how a cat whisker managed to land on the reverb mix knob despite barely being out of the package long enough to arrange a photo.
I have exactly the same issue with Husky fur & hair. They seem to shed "medium light" continuously, with big bursts of complete heavy shedding every few months, where you can just grab their coat and pull out an entire handful.

We don't wear black pants for very long - they become "an interesting semi-camouflaged pattern of grays" very quickly...

Oh, and nice pedals!

What are the odds?!!! My pedalboard is identical to yours!

...To appease the tube amp purists, I don't use mine for amp modeling, just FX and amp switching for my Mesa MKV, and to simultaneously process my piezo signal through IR's etc. into the PA.

I, for one, thank you for the appeasement! :)

Seriously, those things are so well thought-out and gorgeous to look at, and aren’t a never-ending project like my pedalboard that’s on its ten thousandth iteration; I’ve been tempted more than once.

I have exactly the same issue with Husky fur & hair. They seem to shed "medium light" continuously, with big bursts of complete heavy shedding every few months, where you can just grab their coat and pull out an entire handful.

We don't wear black pants for very long - they become "an interesting semi-camouflaged pattern of grays" very quickly...

Oh, and nice pedals!

Thanks! One or two still yet to add, then I'll bother with actually wiring up the board. Santa is slackin' this year. :rolleyes:

Love huskies, I know that shed. We'd probably already have a pooch again if we weren't up to our eyeballs in cat shenanigans.

How do you like that Saffron Squeeze? I may be in the market for a new compressor
I like it, use it mostly with my EG-3. It's based on a Ross circuit, but less noisy. I love the control layout. If you set the small knobs at noon it's a two knob comp. Once you get the two big knobs where you like them, you can finish dialing it in with the little knobs. Most of the Way Huge pedals use that concept, makes it harder to dial yourself into no man's land while still giving plenty of tweakability.

Back