Show your pedal boards here!

Just ordered a Wampler Tumnus. They're backordered, so it will be a couple weeks before it shows up. Anybody have any experience with it?

Just ordered a Wampler Tumnus. They're backordered, so it will be a couple weeks before it shows up. Anybody have any experience with it?
I was about to buy the tumnus but i went with the RYRA Klone instead, it had a little less low end which suits my rig. I think you are gonna be happy with it. Most of the Klon type pedals are awesome. Mine replaced a channel on my Mesa, it sounds far better to my ears then the Roadster can do when it comes to those tones.

After some soul searching, this seems to be where I'm comfortable for a while. It morphs well between the cover country band and prog rock duties pretty well. I'm needing some serious "creativity enhancers" (think, Whammy Pedal) but that's for a later date...which could be tomorrow, who knows? :D

pedalboard9-20-2016.jpg

One of my pet peeves is hitting the volume pedal while turning on/off the El Cap. No matter where I put it on the board, I hit it inadvertently.

That's why I keep the vol-wah-mod pedals off the board!

75506123-66D8-41D4-88E6-21940281AD85_zpsq2bouqpi.jpg

Newly reworked my rig to downsize. Jammed at rehearsal yesterday and everything worked great. I don't think I need the decimator anymore. I may add my HOF mini in my open spot on the ES-8 so I can have a basic reverb in case I'm using something on the H9 that doesn't employ verb. Now I just need to program presets for our set list.

Did a lot of gigging in Oct and Nov before disappearing to the other side of the world for a bit, and had a couple gigs as soon as I came back two weekends ago. I realized my "versatile" pedal board had several feature pedals that simply weren't used except to fill in sounds when I was desperate to show off. And the hard ATA-ish case was quite heavy.

So I downsized again to a PT-mini with a soft case. But I needed to downsize my acoustic enhancement pedal (Fishman Aura Spectrum) if I hoped to fit my "essential" pedals on there without contortions to hit them. So I picked up a TC Electronics BodyRez. It gets 95%+ of the sound I want out of my PRS piezos, and actually does a better job of acoustic emulation for mag pickups than the Fishman. The blended mag+piezo on my P24 actually sounds really nice! Maybe just placebo effect from the new toy, but I think the smaller pedal gets me what I need.

I ended up dropping a TR-2, Neunaber EXP combo, AC-2 (to help with mag-only pups), Dream Crusher, PhazeVibe. All used for fun, but not really a focus of my music.

Signal path is Line6 G30 -> Hotone Harmony -> LS-2(in)

A loop: Myomorpha Distortion (RAT clone) -> RV-3 -> Joyo Clean Glass (Fender BF amp emulator)
B loop: BodyRez

LS-2(out) -> Katana Boost -> amp (a Fishman Acoustic).

Back of Fishman amp has an XLR to PA, as required.

20161219Board_1024_zpsighvhry4.jpg

This should last a few weeks at least, at which point I'll be pining for one of the dropped effects...rinse and repeat...

At least I got my TARDIS, Dalek, pick storage, clock, Welsh Dragon, and power strip all integrated/mounted this time!

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can see the Line6 Relay receiver status between the Rat-clone and the RV-3, mounted underneath "face-up".

Last edited:
After some soul searching, this seems to be where I'm comfortable for a while. It morphs well between the cover country band and prog rock duties pretty well. I'm needing some serious "creativity enhancers" (think, Whammy Pedal) but that's for a later date...which could be tomorrow, who knows? :D

pedalboard9-20-2016.jpg

One of my pet peeves is hitting the volume pedal while turning on/off the El Cap. No matter where I put it on the board, I hit it inadvertently.
Maybe get a smaller volume pedal? I find they work best all the way on the left or right side of the board(whichever foot you prefer to use). Consider an H9 for creative enhancement. The pitch stuff is really good(I haven't hooked up an expression pedal yet).

Maybe get a smaller volume pedal? I find they work best all the way on the left or right side of the board(whichever foot you prefer to use). Consider an H9 for creative enhancement. The pitch stuff is really good(I haven't hooked up an expression pedal yet).
I keep my volume (Ernie Ball MVP) on the far right of my board, so I don't really have any issues.

I've got an EHX Pitch Fork that works really well for a wide variety of pitch shifting. things. First, it's switchable to make it a temporary switch or toggle switch It does the POG thing with one octave above, below, or both. It can be used to pitch shift specific intervals like the Digitech Drop or blend so you get a 5th effect like Owner of a Broken Heart's solo. Set it to the temporary switch setting and it even does the Whammy thing, with the speed of the slide up to the note being pre-programmed to give you that quick slide effect. You can also connect an expression pedal to give you true Whammy style control. All that versatility in such small footprint is truly amazing, and the price isn't bad either.

Bumpity bump bump.

Anybody have any use for some 5-pin MIDI Cables? I picked them up a long time ago to try to mess with patches for my Strymon pedals but couldn't figure it out. Ended up selling my Strymons to simplify my board (pics soon) so I don't need these anymore.

I've got two 1 foot 5-pin MIDI cables that would be great for a board.
I also have a 25 foot 5-pin MIDI cable that I bought for a footswitch to a Mesa amp that I ended up getting rid of.

Both are free to a good home. I'll pay for shipping anywhere in the continental US. We can work something out beyond that.

drdoom rocks! :cool:

Everyone's boards get bigger or fuller of cool stuff, mine gets smaller and/or less. o_O For right now, to steal *someone's* slogan, less is more, for me. Honestly, for this band, I've got my sounds and just about anything else I'd need with a twist of the guitar controls, so why risk getting nice pedals puked on?:eek:

pedalboard12-31-2016.jpg

drdoom rocks! :cool:

Everyone's boards get bigger or fuller of cool stuff, mine gets smaller and/or less. o_O For right now, to steal *someone's* slogan, less is more, for me. Honestly, for this band, I've got my sounds and just about anything else I'd need with a twist of the guitar controls, so why risk getting nice pedals puked on?:eek:

pedalboard12-31-2016.jpg
That is far too tidy.

Honestly, for this band, I've got my sounds and just about anything else I'd need with a twist of the guitar controls, so why risk getting nice pedals puked on?:eek:

When the audience pukes during your set, maybe it's time to hang up the spikes, know what I mean? ;)

Hi, I tried my friend's and A/Bed it to my silver Archer, they both sound awesome but the Tumnus has more low end and a bit more compression
hope that helps

I recently attended a photography class at Sergio's College of Bigfoot Photography and snapped this photo using the superior skills and techniques I picked up there.

This is kind of a "before" shot. I have some plans.

20161231_082505.jpg

Thread a bit dormant, maybe this will help.

My last post here indicated I downsized to just get my basic gigging pedal on a smaller board. Well, I have flip-flopped, as predicted, and decided to add some pizzazz to my sound with lesser-used effects:

20170418_163549_1024_zps4jtjkqkd.jpg

LS-2 selects between the "acoustic" sound, thru the Fishman Aura, or the "electric" sound, through the RAT Clone ("Myomorpha Distortion"), Oxblood, TR-2, RV-3, and Joyo Clean Glass Amp Emulator. Then output of LS-2 goes thru the the Donner Metric Bender (Chorus./Flanger/Phaser), programmable Neunaber (typically Shimmer, Chorus, Delay, Reverb), PhazeVibe, Katana Boost, and Wally Looper, to amp - if acoustic amp or PA the Joyo gets enabled, if electric guitar amp, the Joyo can be disabled (but can sound awesome into an electric amp)!).

Oh, and the case, full'o'stickers:

20170418_163314_1024_zpscqdweie5.jpg

I wonder what the next iteration will bring?

Thread a bit dormant, maybe this will help.

My last post here indicated I downsized to just get my basic gigging pedal on a smaller board. Well, I have flip-flopped, as predicted, and decided to add some pizzazz to my sound with lesser-used effects:

20170418_163549_1024_zps4jtjkqkd.jpg

LS-2 selects between the "acoustic" sound, thru the Fishman Aura, or the "electric" sound, through the RAT Clone ("Myomorpha Distortion"), Oxblood, TR-2, RV-3, and Joyo Clean Glass Amp Emulator. Then output of LS-2 goes thru the the Donner Metric Bender (Chorus./Flanger/Phaser), programmable Neunaber (typically Shimmer, Chorus, Delay, Reverb), PhazeVibe, Katana Boost, and Wally Looper, to amp - if acoustic amp or PA the Joyo gets enabled, if electric guitar amp, the Joyo can be disabled (but can sound awesome into an electric amp)!).

Oh, and the case, full'o'stickers:

20170418_163314_1024_zpscqdweie5.jpg

I wonder what the next iteration will bring?

That's a rig! You must use the piezo a lot, what model?

Also, righteous brewery swag! Lots of West Michigan shout outs there, you local to MI?

That's a rig! You must use the piezo a lot, what model?

Also, righteous brewery swag! Lots of West Michigan shout outs there, you local to MI?
I use an acoustic with piezo (PRS SE Angelus or a Taylor) or a HB Spruce, P24, or now a P245 SH.

I'm in Central Florida, but we like beer from everywhere, and I guess the MI breweries are better at distributing stickers than most others...

Back