Show your pedal boards here!

THAT is pretty sweet! What else have you printed for your gear?

I have only printed a few brackets and such for organization. Plastic is not a very good tone wood :p

A good 3D printer sure opens up the options though...you could design, print and then have a "real" part made knowing it will fit.

This is my pedal stick. I 3D printed the black parts and just used some oak trim boards from the local home center. It gives me all the pedals my PRS need. A looper, switch and tuner...all the tone manipulation needed ;)

34293480963_647f550a2a_k.jpg

34259349454_ab7d417aad_k.jpg

Awesomeness.

Finally got around to snapping a pic of my pedalboard. I've got a Keeley Red Dirt on the way to go up against the Soul Food as a very light gain and I've got a Voodoo Lab PX-8 Plus coming to control everything. I'll snap another pic once it's completely done.

url

I had a hankering to try an experiment I think I mentioned in another thread:

I have a Fishman Aura on my gigging board, works great for improving acoustic-ish sounds of an acoustic guitar or an electric equipped with a piezo. But on a different board used at home, I also use a BodyRez for getting an acoustic-ish sound from an electric guitar's mag pickups. I always wondered whether running the BodyRez into the Aura would produce a "better" acoustic guitar emulation from an electric guitar (mag pups). So I did it. Conclusion:

The BodyRez does improve the pseudo-acoustic sound of an electric guitar. It doesn't completely head fake you (nothing does, IMHO), but I think it will work just fine in a band environment, especially if someone else is also playing acoustic.

So this will allow me to take a non-piezo electric guitar to gigs/practice and get a good pseudo-acoustic sound for most of a song that I can then switch over to full on electric guitar sound for the lead break or similar. I already do this, but I was limited to my P24, P245SH or HB to get the "best" sound. Now I can cheat a little and take a different guitar when I feel like it!

So I bumped off a Chorus/Flanger/Phaser mini-pedal that I rarely used (too metallic sounding in all modes anyway, and I have a good Chorus in the Neunaber and the F-Pedals PhazeVibe does a good phaser/uni-vibe).

20170611_114422_1024_zpsav0tkoyk.jpg

One of these days I'm going to remove that protective film off the Joyo Clean Glass, but it has become such a joke lasting this long I feel like I need to leave it there longer...

After doing this experiment with a variety of PRSi handy in the room (P24, P245SH, RL Vela SH) and verifying it didn't wreck an acoustic guitar signal, I tried my trusty rotary-knob-equipped CU24 (first PRS I ever got). Sounded pretty good on positions 7 and 9! I can only imagine what it would sound like with a CU24 where I can truly (mostly) split the coils on something like 85/15s! (And yes, that now makes me think I need one. Great, more GAS!)

I then entered a Floydian pseudo funk land (think SOYCD pts 6-9) with the PhazeVibe and noodled for a good 20 minutes. I forgot how slick that CU24's fretboard feels!

An update: Sold the MXR Uni-Vibe, added the Wampler Ego-Compressor and the Baby Ben Clock. EP Booster held in reserve.

The latest incarnation. These pictures were taken before I wired it all up how I wanted. I did end up altering some placements, but you get the idea.

qCMDTK6HnmF2PfJx6g4gSmYE0sNnEkiO4OM2bCuaJ8sy3-Wr71Vc5KJ-858eUJ9B_Ng0aBwTo_0zLBPaR7kL927gWPflSIhhx4Q0Ze1vw-o7B6CWAlKAH4ony9y7FJlcjX2m7TBMuX-ZDIS0fVFsz4wE6lbIpZu1b4nR9eSt_MHMEsLCJiOu6goRj_6W6dKd-CM1eL0fjBRS0QYLEGOIJZaEAOWgxOMKMNWvotofx1shjPt7uiFNinZwYEqr3oSVT8NgsjPbiwGCNpjzzVKxcSlT1_kuC9gamYoYKYFrMicqLSBtyMiVsecjx7DWRx_wZd1ZwZZxfFrKDGTmXjkiuSjgVW1wD_t32epnmmcgd5-HS3LtnlhL_SuRoDOUitOALhBSY1UkBmr24Q65CuZGru4ERlKUNl3kOSDhu2imUfZZij7I54EjRD82CuZmqv7-6Ajbdz83IMQMC-zKqxuPG33_mXVVFVIR_L_nSzAKwTH8QZ1HV7CsQvvg6FKSihvqWOl0MlWQ-_IPOI-BCo1E1z-wrVezdhnCyJiRik3bwZzBoE3oQXtoyr5L-UMsuB6LJCzyQ1vZey7z6ovw1kdSkY8_mqVh24hRbGvSZVpamoL9WiW9vbLnwfZcFXNjdi8cDn9iq2_PgOHyK0sldN1sHQUJK9DttNdKn1-7w8AAUEM=w747-h995-no

TwIXtX-SA_G4whdDZeN1mnsNJmmcfBko1Ip2el8l60E3JBUvfdaU5C9eYMikKaQwbYxKz0UuUnzTZj7j83CcQ38k6QuFAl3cMBwPaXnJ0i9Z4ZfkfXOshkkzXeqT_oU_OX7iqZpYN4YKfy14pK4FXyRvEBwJcMRJx2ILZxseWI_TMi9o-9k8MyCE_ANlcNF5DRnzLhh7wY3fxx7U7ZpSZHtDTBTf_EEBqodYTLpS0xu8V8ITPFIcBA1Fd3W-HqGwBI9sUbuyR9ocR2So0fcGZKozOyV3PLGel1e-DGiYQYiDQb2gKvz1Eq4X_XAKI14JSde4ZP6EJtnftTDWLU1H8Q7HNBRHAp11gU3PUKohFFBmEV-ItybmvaOq4gSzCSDHhi8tU7HnG-btJjwnv0CNpsahJK1Xb0tT1I0bDwOb0uY_rALuSDWd4WFEsBarT8LbcGsQfoTbpHUOmDOD9vbCJXoN3zv8KFOaSVFJ-rn5xm6K5iHVzLX45TPUAuRaHWuQhZeMkwQTPePsnKCqKwIlreDyA52yKlNFRDF34Bm4yi5xZmziEwoqwZ2e47M3nmWqPwRcSplBEdcCzDspSPQbokNWQ1kINCIznfiJcKaL-y8Sv76ROKqTk8IlazGlvJwNhKrv5gARhi1B974Nu_h04NEVtUqj1asWK88r1eZAXPg=w747-h995-no

Last edited:
I see jfb's photos. And usually I am the one to have issues seeing stuff, if anyone...

I can see the pics today. Should be very cool once you have everything all wired up and set to go!

Those are some first-class pedals.

Reactions: jfb
Back