Show your MIRA

I had a 25th Anniversary Mira 245 Soapbar very briefly but didn't get on with the 'feel': felt too light and the finish felt a little plasticky. Very dissapointing as I love the Mira design and I love P90s!!

6896208642_5ee02b4b3b_c.jpg

I do like the look of the regular Mira but, with a longer neck, is it particular neck heavy? Is the MT version significantly heavier: maybe that's what I should look out for?

I do like the look of the regular Mira but, with a longer neck, is it particular neck heavy? Is the MT version significantly heavier: maybe that's what I should look out for?
Of the two I have owned, neither has been neck heavy.

Here's my Mira MT. J Hayes demonstrated it at my local music pusher the week before it was introduced at NAMM.

25a_2008_PRS_MiraMT_JHayes_.jpg

During the Q&A session, I stood up and asked if the MMT was for sale. J and Amy looked at each other, then J said sure. So I drove it home.

2008Mira_08SkyTurbo__640_ebay.jpg

Paul was gracious enough to sign it.

25c_2008_PRS_MiraMT_PRSH_10.jpg

Last edited:

Not at all, thats an SG your thinking of :proud:

Cool - so maybe if I can track one down with the new V12 finish it will feel nicer! Great - another thing to GAS over ... :)

A lot of love for the Mira here. '10 Powder Blue/Birds with pickguard and TRC swapped out for pearloid, tonepros bridge, and Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell pickups (burnt chrome covers). It's one sweet package!

I saw a Mira with a paint job that matched Mik3's 12-7string PTC white w/ black-burst guitar that had me drooling and GAS'ing like mad...

A lot of love for the Mira here. '10 Powder Blue/Birds with pickguard and TRC swapped out for pearloid, tonepros bridge, and Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell pickups (burnt chrome covers). It's one sweet package!

AWESOME!!!

Damn, 11Top! Those may kick Markie's out of my dreams! That burl is really cool. I love the separate toggles for the taps, too.

Damn, 11Top! Those may kick Markie's out of my dreams! That burl is really cool. I love the separate toggles for the taps, too.

The toggles are actually "blow" (solo) switches.

And, who is "Markie?" ...........oh, is he that bald guy in all those avatars?

Last edited:
I picked up a used PRS Mira X from a local store for $599. It was a deal I couldn't refuse. These days, I am into low wind, high clarity sounding pickups - ever since I got the Yanuziello, I'm in love with that tone.

So, as a test, I ordered in some GFS Retrotrons to see what it would sound like. The basswood body seemed like it'd be a natural. I got the GFS Memphis pups that have a Rickenbacker sound.

Popped 'em in and fired 'em up and I am impressed! It's no Yanuziello, but it's got twang! Coming from Mira X pups, which are nice pups for that PRS/LP loud, darker sound, I am very happy. So happy, I had to make it look a little more twangy, so I popped on some white chicken head knobs and a tele switch cap. I think they work with that 60's-type tight sunburst finish. The ultimate Woolworth's style guitar.

NOTE: I've since put the Mira X pickups back in and sold the GFS Retrotrons. The combo of wood and pickup, once my ears settled in, didn't really work. I think a nice set of 57/08s would do well on this guitar. Somewhere down the line.

Here are some shots. The one with multiple guitars has the Mira X, the Yanuziello, an Epi Wilshire and an Anderson Short T. And that's my '66 Princeton with them.

Bob

MiraXTwang1.jpg

MiraXTwang2.jpg

MiraXTwang3.jpg

My first P90 guitar !!
total impulse buy saw it had to have it :)
Tone monster

These are all sweet!

i currently have a cherry Mira on the way - should be Tuesday! I think the Mira will be a nice addition to the PRSi I already have.

Hi everybody, i am a very happy with my first prs guitar purchase, a s2 mira. Was deciding between the older mira against the new s2 mira, i went for the s2 as you can see.
The strip down look, the cheaper price tag, 22 frets , appeals to me.

The only let down is i realised that the pickups ain't the usa made mira pickups, the usa made mira pickups appears to be rectangular in shape.

I am thinking to switch the pickups to the usa made mira pickups, but is not sure if the splitting of the coils works the same for the core mira and the s2 mira. The S2 mira pickups when in single coil mode is supposed to have increased output when split to compensate for the volume loss.

Does the core line mira does the same extra single coil power trick? is this function built within the pickups or it is some special wiring outside the pickups?

Appreciate it if anyone could shine some light into my questions...

My guess is that the usa made pickups might be clearer and brighter sounding as i find the S2 mira pickups alightly on the dark side. Just my guess as i do not have the core mira to compare.

Thanks!
John

20131017_193157.jpg

Last edited:
Back