Show Us YOUR Youtube Vids, Soundcloud, Band Webpage Links, Etc...

I just got done mixing a remake of a song that a friend and I wrote in 2005. I redid most of the guitar parts when remaking the song, and this time around, I used my PRS 25th Anniversary McCarty Narrow Field for the clean guitars in the instrumental intro and the verses. I used my sunburst 305 for the solo and fills.
The lead guitar in the intro and the crunch guitar in the choruses was a Hamer Studio with Duncan Pearly Gates pickups.
The song is an obvious nod to Pink Floyd, who have been a favorite band of my co-writing friend and I since the 70's when we were kids. We wanted to find out if we could write a Floyd tune. I did sneak a few original ideas and licks in. The McCarty Narrow Field playing the melody in the intro actually sounds a bit like Andy Summers to me.
The pad/washes that play thoughout the intro/outro, and behind the chords during the verses are the McCarty Narrow Field as well, but I pitch shifted it up an octave and sent it through a reverb, but muted the dry guitar signal so you only hear the reverb.
Endings 2014 remake
P1010122_zps220ac8a2.jpg

Hundreds of gear demo vids I have done, plus some foolishness :)

Youtube.com/roccotanto

I have been a lurker on this site for a while. A lot of talent and some amazing guitars here. This is a cover of Satriani's Surfing with the Alien. Wanted to learn it for a long time. This is my attempt. I used my 2006 HBII, Blackstar HT5, Wampler Faux Tape Echo, Xotic EP Booster, and CAE Wah. Sorry about the crap recording, used my phone.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCpe6ycGl0

Playing some alter bridge on my Hollowbody II:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap. You guys are outstanding! That solo really made me feel I'm wasting my time trying to play guitar. :D

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've been on this forum/thread. Anyways, here's a collaboration I wrote and pitched in for with a friend from undergrad. Hope you guys enjoy,

https://soundcloud.com/johnucol/strangers

____
Predictably, I used PRSi again in this recording- CE24 and Custom 24, each with some Bareknuckles. Mmm.

Why, hello there fellow PRS players. We've recently filmed our performance of four songs and I play a different PRS in each. Why? Because why not! Here's the first one:

I let my nerdy side prevail and recorded this from the ground up. I... I'm so sorry.

Back