SE DGT Appalling Fretwork

Cyber criminal or Revolutionary has a more elevated brand perception.

Does it? I mean, Revolutionary, sure - fame, possible fortune. Yes, you run the risk of death, but it can be a martyr's death, and that does carry a bit of cache, even if you don't get to experience the glory of it.

But cyber criminal, not so much. You're much more likely to run the risk of infamy and jail time, and despite what we've learned from the Blues Brothers, you're not likely to run into Joe Walsh in prison.

Sorry you received such a disappointing guitar. I was all excited to play one as well months ago. Found a gold top at a local shop and was highly dissatisfied as well with the fret work. It clicked all that I was looking for, but my SE Korea models blew it away. Most others experiences were different from all I read. Maybe we both met up with a couple not so great ones. Ended up getting something else from another manufacturer. My guitars are still mainly PRS but though.

If it's any consolation to the OP, this tracks with what I experienced with my SE Silver Sky Maple. The fretwork is AWFUL.
I’m a dyed in the wool Strat fan so I was expecting to love the Silver Sky when I played it. I know it’s it’s own guitar in many respects and not a straight up Strat copy but I still expected to feel right at home.

Hated it! I put it down to a bad setup but that maple neck felt seriously off. Unusually flat and wide feeling, which it shouldn’t being an 8.5” (?) radius.

I do want to try another though. Sounded great in a number of videos I’ve watched.

Sorry you received such a disappointing guitar. I was all excited to play one as well months ago. Found a gold top at a local shop and was highly dissatisfied as well with the fret work. It clicked all that I was looking for, but my SE Korea models blew it away. Most others experiences were different from all I read. Maybe we both met up with a couple not so great ones. Ended up getting something else from another manufacturer. My guitars are still mainly PRS but though.
Yep. I want to love the DGT. On paper it fills a nice space between my Bernie and Strats.

But you’re right. A lot of people seem to be happy with their SE DGT’s. Just ordinary people and not just the influencers so I’m hoping my luck will turn.

If not, I’ll satisfy my Tele itch I’ve had for a while and then look towards the S2 line, especially now they’ve upgraded them.

Things are so inconsistent these days.. I was almost in shock when I went into a shop yesterday and for the most part the se's had good fretwork. That's such an unPRS feeling. Shock, for good fret work? There were other QC and setup issues though. Another unPRS experience.They had several older MIK models too. The "feel" between the old and new was pretty noticeable. I'm sadly out on the direction the se line has gone on too many levels. Wake me up when they sort it out.

Good news is the s2 line has totally gone home run hitter. Can we please get a s2 DGT?

Things are so inconsistent these days.. I was almost in shock when I went into a shop yesterday and for the most part the se's had good fretwork. That's such an unPRS feeling. Shock, for good fret work? There were other QC and setup issues though. Another unPRS experience.They had several older MIK models too. The "feel" between the old and new was pretty noticeable. I'm sadly out on the direction the se line has gone on too many levels. Wake me up when they sort it out.

Good news is the s2 line has totally gone home run hitter. Can we please get a s2 DGT?
S2 DGT with some additional colour choices. I’m in!

I loved the WMI/Korean SE’s. I hate to generalize, but something about the Indonesian SE’s just isn’t right - there’s just a cheaper feeling/look about them. I noticed it immediately when they were released around 2018 - I had just bought a Korean CU22 SE, and it was head-and-shoulders above the Indo versions. On the other hand, I have two Chinese-made SE’s (a Hollowbody II and an Angelus) and they’re both wonderful guitars.

I loved the WMI/Korean SE’s. I hate to generalize, but something about the Indonesian SE’s just isn’t right - there’s just a cheaper feeling/look about them. I noticed it immediately when they were released around 2018 - I had just bought a Korean CU22 SE, and it was head-and-shoulders above the Indo versions. On the other hand, I have two Chinese-made SE’s (a Hollowbody II and an Angelus) and they’re both wonderful guitars.
Agree 100% I kept thinking the same on the look and feel, definitely entry level guitar esque.. hate to say it, but some of them really did feel similar to the squier mini strat I picked up a long time ago. Feels awful to think, and even worse to say, but it's the truth. I've always been a big fan of se. Never had that feeling with my MIK's or my MIC Hb2.

One subtle change I noticed that screamed "built to a price point" was that they stopped doing recessed trem and control cavity covers on the SE line. And as far as I'm aware, the S2 line has always had non-recessed covers. It's a little detail, but it always makes me think of them as "cheap."

One subtle change I noticed that screamed "built to a price point" was that they stopped doing recessed trem and control cavity covers on the SE line. And as far as I'm aware, the S2 line has always had non-recessed covers. It's a little detail, but it always makes me think of them as "cheap."
My MIK SE CU22 had a recessed control plate, but not the trem cover, which I thought was strange.

Back