Santana Retro

Anyway, to the OP…
Been a long time since I’ve played a Santana, but it seems it would fill a gap in your arsenal. Personally, I’m still holding out for a first run DC22. I don’t recommend doing that though.

Even when compared to the 594?!?!
Best model in the PRS line up. The neck is a little beefy, but comfortable. Some people think the knobs are too far away. I look at them has being in the same general area as the whammy bar. They sound awesome. Buttery. Easy to play. And as one member would say, "all other guitars are trash."
The knobs are perf…
period:cool:

I have two CU24s....a SC250...several LPs....SG....two strats....tele....ect. ect.

The Santana is completely it's own thing....AND...I'm addicted to gigging it now! Picture from friday's gig for reference.

bxa6uMb.jpg

Just leaving this here, in case a brother is interested -

Very nice my brother!

Love em. The shorter scale, big frets, knobs out of the way..........

The neck size is highly exaggerated around here. .94" is not all that big, and I don't like big necks.

Lordy, I'm glad I got my Westie for the price I did, and when I did...

Spectacular guitars, though. Like, really nice. These are the kinds of guitars that make me say, "So what?" to all those people chasing untouchable Gibsons from the late '50s. I fully expect that almost any Santana model would be just as nice, to be honest.

Lordy, I'm glad I got my Westie for the price I did, and when I did...

Spectacular guitars, though. Like, really nice. These are the kinds of guitars that make me say, "So what?" to all those people chasing untouchable Gibsons from the late '50s. I fully expect that almost any Santana model would be just as nice, to be honest.
How about it?!?!?!?! I got both of my Westies for what I consider to be good prices. Today? Holy smokes!

I’m considering purchasing a Santana Retro. I currently own a CU24, DGT, Tremonti, and a Silver Sky. Will the Santana provide anything that I’m currently not getting from my lineup? Also, what are your thoughts on the Santana?
The Santana will give you something that you are not getting from the axis you mentioned. I love them and the tone that they bring to the table.

I’m considering purchasing a Santana Retro. I currently own a CU24, DGT, Tremonti, and a Silver Sky. Will the Santana provide anything that I’m currently not getting from my lineup? Also, what are your thoughts on the Santana?
I asked the same thing a bit ago and got a new Retro myself. And LOVE IT! The tone knob is the secret sauce in my opinion. I mean the neck and everything is awesome, but the sensitivity in the tone knob is really amazing! If you can, I don't think you will regret it.

woui8pqupt2pz9eh8xe4.jpg
just to make Life a bit more interesting, there are two nice Westies on reverb, This one looks MINT and the seller offered 10% off but I have to wait until after the holidays at least .

That’s a bonnie top on that one.

There was a guy in the UK selling a red WSL a couple of months back for about what you’ve been offered.

Back