Santana Retro

I was watching a rig rundown from Premier on Santana ... both of his have rosewood necks , an all brazilian on his US tour , indian on the CITES effected countries. This was a nice affirmation on my hunt for one with a rosewood neck . Interestingly he was playing II's even though the later models were out.
Thanks for posting that Greywolf, great rig rundown! If anyone is interested, here is the video (FYI, it is from 2014 but after you watch it, you will understand that it is unlikely anything has changed):

Thanks for posting that Greywolf, great rig rundown! If anyone is interested, here is the video (FYI, it is from 2014 but after you watch it, you will understand that it is unlikely anything has changed):

Any idea the difference on the neck carve on the Santana II compared to the new retros?

I was watching a rig rundown from Premier on Santana ... both of his have rosewood necks , an all brazilian on his US tour , indian on the CITES effected countries. This was a nice affirmation on my hunt for one with a rosewood neck . Interestingly he was playing II's even though the later models were out.

“Son of salmon” haha.

Yeah I watched this a few years ago, great vid.

dang I was doing pretty good with the "YOU HAVE ENOUGH, STOP!" this one has me weak in the knees .. rosewood neck and all ...I'm trying to hold out until my birthday .....
as0xmrmnaycdvltwsldj.jpg

One thing did change. He is no longer playing Boogies since Mesa-Boogie ownership hand-over to Gibson

By the way ...ain't no grannie, or ma n pa . I'm the Patriarch of my Clan worldwide ... a scary thought .. and am pushing 68 where does the time go ?

Being a 5th generation San Franciscan , I remember when Carlos was just a local player (along with Garcia, Bloomfield, Cippolina) , of course the 60's in the San Francisco area was a TRIP to be sure . I got my first "dream setup " to emulate him .. i.e. a Les Paul Custom and a Mesa/Boogie that was back in '79 ...still have both.

As we all have gone on a Big Life adventure in the past 4 decades, our tastes mature and we find ourselves in the glory of PRS land

I'll know when the right Santana comes along... it will the one I can't say no to .....

Last edited:
Rosewood neck , brazillian fretboard and delicious quilt ....it needs the brown paisley case :(
pogt5guxsucqg8tcyytj.jpg
That’s the one at Dave’s… saw that in my reverb feed too.
It didn’t list if it has all Santana pups or 58/15 somewhere.

Back