Sad day.

Don’t laugh... I actually googled that last night and even google didn’t know what it meant. I recall some lack of confidence with the ladies when I was younger. It’s been a LONG time though, since I saw one so hot that she made me say something like “moob.” CP, I’m thinking you might want to have a few sessions with Sergio on how to handle yourself around the ladies. He’s kind of a legend. He can probably come up with a few lines for you that might be just a bit ‘smoother”. :D

Dude, once you reach a “certain age,” the best pickup line when spotting a beautiful woman is “Please introduce me to your mom.”

Once you meet the mom, you can talk moob rings.

Dude, once you reach a “certain age,” the best pickup line when spotting a beautiful woman is “Please introduce me to your mom.”

Once you meet the mom, you can talk moob rings.
I hear ya. I may be at that certain age, and am just too stubborn to admit it. I still haven’t figured out what “moob” means. Told you guys, I’m a small town boy. I don’t know all this fancy stuff. I just know that if she’s “that” hot, I hope CP snapped a few pics of her with his cell phone.

Don’t laugh... I actually googled that last night and even google didn’t know what it meant. I recall some lack of confidence with the ladies when I was younger. It’s been a LONG time though, since I saw one so hot that she made me say something like “moob.” CP, I’m thinking you might want to have a few sessions with Sergio on how to handle yourself around the ladies. He’s kind of a legend. He can probably come up with a few lines for you that might be just a bit ‘smoother”.

Really wasn't my fault. The woman was speaking quietly, there was background noise, I heard "moob" instead of "mood." I think most of us could say they might hear the same thing provided the same conditions.

I usually conduct business at my job quite well and can handle most situations, even tempting or intimidating ones. The woman was asking some questions as part of a health review and that's how it occurred. There was really no need for me to be "smoother" (am not much of a lady's man, just trying to be a decent guy)

...Regards "smooth," If the "wind blew a different direction, the clouds would still be carried further way, anyway..."

Anyway, back on topic. Was hoping to lighten the mood with my story. Hope KB can work out his transaction without losing too much in resale.

Don’t laugh... I actually googled that last night and even google didn’t know what it meant. I recall some lack of confidence with the ladies when I was younger. It’s been a LONG time though, since I saw one so hot that she made me say something like “moob.” CP, I’m thinking you might want to have a few sessions with Sergio on how to handle yourself around the ladies. He’s kind of a legend. He can probably come up with a few lines for you that might be just a bit ‘smoother”. :D

It’s not me, but it’s my smooth moobs that are legendary.

Was hoping to lighten the mood with my story
Of course, as was I. You know, just tryin' to help one of my boys. Sergio's advice changed my life. I mean, of course I'm not as good at it as he is, but "smoother" is always good, and even allows for you to still be a good guy. Just a SMOOOOOTHER good guy. Heck, I had to stop using some of his material after a while because my wife was getting ticked at all the women hanging around me all the time. It really does work! I'll PM you some of the lines he taught me. ;)

:D:D

(on a serious note, when you said how she asked that, I figured it was something health related. Hope you're ok! ... other than the moob thing, which I still haven't found a definition for :()

...(on a serious note, when you said how she asked that, I figured it was something health related. Hope you're ok! ... other than the moob thing, which I still haven't found a definition for)

Yeah, I'm good. The woman's questions was part of my health review and one of the questions was about my mood. As was said, darned earwax, wasn't sure what she said and didn't respond immediately because "moob" didn't ring true. (Plz excuse the pun.)

Yeah, I'm good. The woman's questions was part of my health review and one of the questions was about my mood. As was said, darned earwax, wasn't sure what she said and didn't respond immediately because "moob" didn't ring true. (Plz excuse the pun.)
Glad to hear you're OK! I like to tease, but won't kick a man when he's down, so this means I can resume teasing you about getting flustered while a young lady was talking to you. "Turn your head and cough" indeed!

I still haven’t figured out what “moob” means.
Just in case you are serious about not understanding a possible definition of moob:

Look it up on Urban Dictionary. (I did type a long explanation, but it seemed either pedantic or puerile, maybe both.)

Just in case you are serious about not understanding a possible definition of moob:

Look it up on Urban Dictionary. (I did type a long explanation, but it seemed either pedantic or puerile, maybe both.)

So'k, the old fogey classic definition is good enough for this guy. Don't need newfangled definitions messing with my vocabulary any more than necessary.

Glad to hear you're OK! I like to tease, but won't kick a man when he's down, so this means I can resume teasing you about getting flustered while a young lady was talking to you. "Turn your head and cough" indeed!

Thanks. Am not down, just happy my research library/Catalina OS upgrade went well. The health review includes an MRI where I get to nap in the tube for a while. Am currently resetting my circadian cycles for this weekend and was awake early this morning (unheard of, usually am up no earlier than 9:45AM) so I'll be excited on napping for the MRI. If one can be excited about napping...??

I actually did google it, and got nothing. Now I just looked on Urban Dictionary, and... I wish I hadn't! :eek:
:)

Born and raised in South Detroit..... Diddly diddly diddly diddly da da! Etc....

Folks from Detroit know that whoever wrote that lyric knew nothing about Detroit. A place called South Detroit doesn’t exist.

There’s the East Side, the West Side, and Downriver, and they feel like different worlds because Westsiders stay on their side of town, as do Eastsiders, and Downriver people, well, I’ve only ever met one or two (just kidding, I may have met four or five).

If you’re a Westsider, going to the the East Side feels like you’re visiting Neptune, and vice-versa. I think Downriver might be another solar system altogether. You can’t even get there from here. Or from anywhere. It’s possible that Downriver is where UFOs come from for all I know.

If you’re single and a Westsider, women who live on the East Side are G.U.D. (Geographically Undesirable). Too much drive time. And vice-versa. Also, for you, it’s impossible to even meet women from Downriver. Maybe there aren’t any?

Eastsiders and Westsiders look down their noses at each other, dress differently, and wear different hairstyles. No one actually knows anything about Downriver people. They’re a complete mystery.

In fact, if you want to have an affair, going to the other side of town is a 100% guarantee that you will not see anyone you know. You’d bump into more friends and acquaintances in Chicago or LA than on the other side of town.

What’s weird is that the neighborhoods in all three are pretty similar, yet when you’re on the other side of town you feel like you’re in the wrong place.

I’m sure the song’s writer was thinking, what’s the worst sh!thole I can think of? Oh, it’s gotta be someplace in Detroit. I mean there’s gotta be a South Detroit, right?

Wrong. South Detroit is actually Windsor, Ontario, the only part of Canada that’s south of the U.S.

Last edited:
I actually did google it, and got nothing. Now I just looked on Urban Dictionary, and... I wish I hadn't! :eek:
:)

The Urban Dictionary was not that bad. I was concerned there might have been some worse definitions in there that could be misconstrued. Most of what showed up for "moob" were derivatives and play-offs on the word. There were a few I'd never be involved with, but the rest were lighthearted takes on what older folks get when they gain weight and don't do a lot of upper body exercise.

Back