S2 singlecut vs Mccarty 594

I'm still waiting for my 594 to be delivered, but using my 58/15 on my McCarty as a reference, those are my favorite PRS pickups. It's the ones that make me go "nngh that sounds pho king awesome." I think the the S2 singlecut come with #7 "S" and I really like those as well. They have one of the widest range of tone that I've heard on a pickup. It can be super bright with the tone knob all the way up to darker than any LP or SG you'll ever hear with the tone all the way down. The tone control is pretty smooth so you get everything in between as well. The 58/15 just has some extra mojo rock-n-roll powder sprinkled onto them during the manufacturing process that just makes me wanna play more my McCarty and hopefully my forthcoming 594.

If your dream is to own a "custom shop" level guitar then the 594 would be and was my choice. First off there is a HUGE difference between a 594 and S2 in both price and what you get. S2s are great guitars but in no way qualify as "custom shop" in my book. If you only had a grand or so to work with I'd say go for the S2, but if you're going all in on your dream guitar the 594 is a perfect choice. Especially if you're into classic rock and blues.

What I did was comb the web looking at every 594 I could find until one grabbed me. If it's in your dreams you'll recognize it when you see it. I wouldn't fret too much about getting a good one tone wise, they're very consistent and all sound awesome. The one that grabs you will be the right one, don't overthink it.

If you want something that plays like a dream, looks like a dream, and sounds like a dream the 594 is that guitar. I prefer the double cut for ergonomics and because I already own a Les Paul. Personally I'd consider both new and mint or like new used. When you find one you like remember the price isn't necessarily carved in stone.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words :)

594-3.jpg

594-6.jpg

Ok that's 2000 words but you get the idea :)

I too went for the Double Cut as I didn't want just a better looking Les Paul - I wanted it to look like a PRS. I have not once regretted my decision either. Its such a great instrument and whilst I can't pick a 'favourite' (that's like picking a favourite child), I would certainly put it right up there with the 'best' of the best instruments. It really doesn't surprise me that John Mayer enthused about this model and rates it very highly.

Here's some Pic's of mine...

FCjJKxZ.jpg

8sNcZH1.jpg

However, I was trying not to put my desires and feelings about which instrument I think is best when its better to try and get the OP to come to the right conclusion to suit their needs and budget. Its all well and good having a 'dream' guitar that is within their financial reach, albeit at the very limits of their budget, if when they do buy it, doesn't find it fits as well as they expected. Its like buying a GT40 and then finding its not comfortable or as enjoyable to drive when they do get an hour or two to take it out for a spin. They may have been better buying that Ford RS Focus as its more comfortable and fun to drive what ever the weather or surface thanks to its 4 wheel drive. Their 'dream' car of the GT40 just because of the looks and reviews rating it very highly, just doesn't 'fit' them or their needs, isn't very comfortable and the reality of ownership is not like the fantasy they had of owning one.

What I prefer, is to get people to try and come to their own conclusion about what is 'really' the best option for them, draw up their own conclusions etc. If that GT40 is the 'best' option, they may well know from going on a test drive, getting a feel of the handling and performance, seeing if its comfortable and going to be the 'best' 2hrs a week that they actually get to go out driving in it. It may well be their only opportunity in life to actually own that car too and because someone says that its not worth buying a car like that if it sits in a garage for 6fays a week, they end up buying a Ford Focus RS instead but just doesn't get them as excited to drive it, doesn't make them as happy or as enthusiastic to get in it, doesn't give them something to look forward to every day, maybe even become resentful because they had one opportunity to actually buy their 'dream' car but someone said it wouldn't be worth it for just 2hrs a week.

If I can get people to come to their own conclusion rather than impart my own desires or reflect my own situation, then hopefully they will make the right decision for themselves. If they get into that GT40 and it really excites them, makes them really happy and look forward to that 2hts of bliss every weekend, gets them through the week of drudgery, then its worth spending the money to get the GT40. They will know instantly if that is their 'dream' car from a test drive - even if its not the colour they prefer. They can order/find one in a colour they prefer, ask the dealer to get one in, and feel excited to get it and look forward to driving it every weekend. If they find its not the dream they thought it was, then they can reconsider, see if the cheaper Ford Focus RS suits them and their needs better. They won't be left wondering if they should of bought the GT40 either as they will know its not really what they wanted/needed despite the fact it looked like it maybe in all the video's they watched. They now have actual hands on and know how it feels to drive, how comfortable it really is etc.

Its not my money, not me that will end up driving their GT40 - even if I have a GT40 too and absolutely love it because maybe it suits me and my situation better than it does them - it could also suit them too of course. Its not me that would have to live with the Ford Focus RS which is still a great car and a lot of fun, its no GT40 though. Its not me that will be left wondering if they should have bought the GT40 but didn't when the only opportunity arose (you never know if another opportunity will present itself - even if there are more available - even 2nd hand). The only person fit to make the 'right' choice is the person buying. They know their situation and circumstances the best, they will know if the GT40 is their 'dream' car in reality when they get to test drive it, they will know if that will excite them, make them want to drive it at every opportunity, give them something to look forward to, whether its 'worth' the money to them regardless of whether I thought it was worth the extra. I don't want to be the person that tells them to blow all their budget on a car that doesn't excite them as much as it does me, doesn't feel as comfortable or as much fun as it does me. I also don't want to tell them to buy the Ford Focus RS and then they are left wondering 'what if', end up not being as excited or thrilled to drive as they could have been. If the GT40 is available to test drive, take it out and see if it really is the dream car for you or just aesthetically more pleasing.

I hope I have analogised well to illustrate my points. None of us are in the best place to tell someone else what to buy. The only person who can make that decision is the person who is parting money and having to live with that decision - especially if there is such a difference in price points. At best, we maybe in a position to explain the differences or to assist with any queries they may have. I want the purchaser to have no regrets or if they do, they only have themselves to blame. They can't blame me if they buy something that isn't the best option for them and their situation. I just hope that I have helped them to come to the best option for them without imparting any of my own bias.

I too went for the Double Cut as I didn't want just a better looking Les Paul - I wanted it to look like a PRS. I have not once regretted my decision either. Its such a great instrument and whilst I can't pick a 'favourite' (that's like picking a favourite child), I would certainly put it right up there with the 'best' of the best instruments. It really doesn't surprise me that John Mayer enthused about this model and rates it very highly.

Here's some Pic's of mine...

FCjJKxZ.jpg

8sNcZH1.jpg

However, I was trying not to put my desires and feelings about which instrument I think is best when its better to try and get the OP to come to the right conclusion to suit their needs and budget. Its all well and good having a 'dream' guitar that is within their financial reach, albeit at the very limits of their budget, if when they do buy it, doesn't find it fits as well as they expected. Its like buying a GT40 and then finding its not comfortable or as enjoyable to drive when they do get an hour or two to take it out for a spin. They may have been better buying that Ford RS Focus as its more comfortable and fun to drive what ever the weather or surface thanks to its 4 wheel drive. Their 'dream' car of the GT40 just because of the looks and reviews rating it very highly, just doesn't 'fit' them or their needs, isn't very comfortable and the reality of ownership is not like the fantasy they had of owning one.

What I prefer, is to get people to try and come to their own conclusion about what is 'really' the best option for them, draw up their own conclusions etc. If that GT40 is the 'best' option, they may well know from going on a test drive, getting a feel of the handling and performance, seeing if its comfortable and going to be the 'best' 2hrs a week that they actually get to go out driving in it. It may well be their only opportunity in life to actually own that car too and because someone says that its not worth buying a car like that if it sits in a garage for 6fays a week, they end up buying a Ford Focus RS instead but just doesn't get them as excited to drive it, doesn't make them as happy or as enthusiastic to get in it, doesn't give them something to look forward to every day, maybe even become resentful because they had one opportunity to actually buy their 'dream' car but someone said it wouldn't be worth it for just 2hrs a week.

If I can get people to come to their own conclusion rather than impart my own desires or reflect my own situation, then hopefully they will make the right decision for themselves. If they get into that GT40 and it really excites them, makes them really happy and look forward to that 2hts of bliss every weekend, gets them through the week of drudgery, then its worth spending the money to get the GT40. They will know instantly if that is their 'dream' car from a test drive - even if its not the colour they prefer. They can order/find one in a colour they prefer, ask the dealer to get one in, and feel excited to get it and look forward to driving it every weekend. If they find its not the dream they thought it was, then they can reconsider, see if the cheaper Ford Focus RS suits them and their needs better. They won't be left wondering if they should of bought the GT40 either as they will know its not really what they wanted/needed despite the fact it looked like it maybe in all the video's they watched. They now have actual hands on and know how it feels to drive, how comfortable it really is etc.

Its not my money, not me that will end up driving their GT40 - even if I have a GT40 too and absolutely love it because maybe it suits me and my situation better than it does them - it could also suit them too of course. Its not me that would have to live with the Ford Focus RS which is still a great car and a lot of fun, its no GT40 though. Its not me that will be left wondering if they should have bought the GT40 but didn't when the only opportunity arose (you never know if another opportunity will present itself - even if there are more available - even 2nd hand). The only person fit to make the 'right' choice is the person buying. They know their situation and circumstances the best, they will know if the GT40 is their 'dream' car in reality when they get to test drive it, they will know if that will excite them, make them want to drive it at every opportunity, give them something to look forward to, whether its 'worth' the money to them regardless of whether I thought it was worth the extra. I don't want to be the person that tells them to blow all their budget on a car that doesn't excite them as much as it does me, doesn't feel as comfortable or as much fun as it does me. I also don't want to tell them to buy the Ford Focus RS and then they are left wondering 'what if', end up not being as excited or thrilled to drive as they could have been. If the GT40 is available to test drive, take it out and see if it really is the dream car for you or just aesthetically more pleasing.

I hope I have analogised well to illustrate my points. None of us are in the best place to tell someone else what to buy. The only person who can make that decision is the person who is parting money and having to live with that decision - especially if there is such a difference in price points. At best, we maybe in a position to explain the differences or to assist with any queries they may have. I want the purchaser to have no regrets or if they do, they only have themselves to blame. They can't blame me if they buy something that isn't the best option for them and their situation. I just hope that I have helped them to come to the best option for them without imparting any of my own bias.

I love the fire red theme you have going with your guitars.

I get where you're coming from, I just don't put that kind of pressure on my opinions. Nobody can tell anyone else "the right thing to do" because the fact is none of us know ourselves. I can be true to myself and share what I've actually done in the same situation, or I can try to give speculative advice on what I think another person ought to do.

I just prefer the former :)

Last edited:
Get the most expensive one you can.

Once you marry your girlfriend you’re screwed in that department.

I had a similar dilemma on my last guitar purchase. On my birthday, my wife and I stopped by GC and they had an S2 Standard 24 that I liked. I played on it for a bit, received the go ahead, and bought it. While they were searching for the gig bag and accessories, my normal salesman returned from lunch. Upon seeing what I had just purchased, he told me to wait as he had something in the back that had just come in and I had to see. Ok.....so we hung out a bit as the other staff continued to look for the gig bag and accessories for the S2. Out comes an incredible Wood Library DGT. Just looking at it, I pretty much knew the price....as such, I didn't want to even play it. But the staff convinced me to do so....and my wife approved.

I spent quite a bit of time playing this DGT and asking questions. While I was playing it, my wife could see in my eyes, hands, and tone which one was right for me. So she returned the S2 and put 2/3rd's of the money down on the DGT. I didn't know that she had did that until I put the guitar back in its case. Staff never did find the gig bag and accessories for the S2. At dinner that night, she told me that she didn't think that I enjoyed the S2 enough . That it was more of a "well, I have the money and it's a nice guitar" type thing. She should know as she's been a part of every guitar purchase that we have made for several years.

Now, I'm not comparing the S2 Standard 24 to the WL DGT. Other than being guitars, they don't compete in the same market. I liked the S2.....great guitar. But the DGT "spoke" to me more. My wife was right. If I had stuck with the S2, I would have kept thinking of ways to buy the DGT and end up moving the S2 along. I would have had regrets of "the one that got away" when I had the means to obtain. Very similar to your boat.

You've had some great advice offered already. If you have the chance, play both and see what fits you best. If you like the 594 and have the means to get it now, I'd say do it instead of settling for something that isn't quite "right". But if you dig the S2 Singlecut better, get that one.

BTW, I'm a fan of the McCartys so I have a somewhat biased view. I have a McCarty along with the DGT.....the 594 is on my list (haven't seen or played one in the wild yet). Similar guitars with some subtle differences that impact tone and feel.

Good luck on the hunt and let us know how it goes!

I bought an s2 singlecut because it was amazing.

I wanted the 594 artist series, but couldn’t afford it.

I still can’t afford it but it was the best guitar I’ve ever felt or played.

Love the s2 though, and it more than satisfied for my needs.

I had a similar dilemma on my last guitar purchase. On my birthday, my wife and I stopped by GC and they had an S2 Standard 24 that I liked. I played on it for a bit, received the go ahead, and bought it. While they were searching for the gig bag and accessories, my normal salesman returned from lunch. Upon seeing what I had just purchased, he told me to wait as he had something in the back that had just come in and I had to see. Ok.....so we hung out a bit as the other staff continued to look for the gig bag and accessories for the S2. Out comes an incredible Wood Library DGT. Just looking at it, I pretty much knew the price....as such, I didn't want to even play it. But the staff convinced me to do so....and my wife approved.

I spent quite a bit of time playing this DGT and asking questions. While I was playing it, my wife could see in my eyes, hands, and tone which one was right for me. So she returned the S2 and put 2/3rd's of the money down on the DGT. I didn't know that she had did that until I put the guitar back in its case. Staff never did find the gig bag and accessories for the S2. At dinner that night, she told me that she didn't think that I enjoyed the S2 enough . That it was more of a "well, I have the money and it's a nice guitar" type thing. She should know as she's been a part of every guitar purchase that we have made for several years.

Now, I'm not comparing the S2 Standard 24 to the WL DGT. Other than being guitars, they don't compete in the same market. I liked the S2.....great guitar. But the DGT "spoke" to me more. My wife was right. If I had stuck with the S2, I would have kept thinking of ways to buy the DGT and end up moving the S2 along. I would have had regrets of "the one that got away" when I had the means to obtain. Very similar to your boat.

You've had some great advice offered already. If you have the chance, play both and see what fits you best. If you like the 594 and have the means to get it now, I'd say do it instead of settling for something that isn't quite "right". But if you dig the S2 Singlecut better, get that one.

BTW, I'm a fan of the McCartys so I have a somewhat biased view. I have a McCarty along with the DGT.....the 594 is on my list (haven't seen or played one in the wild yet). Similar guitars with some subtle differences that impact tone and feel.

Good luck on the hunt and let us know how it goes!

Thank you for sharing your awesome story. I really like these special bonds we sometimes get with certain guitars.

S2s are great guitars, if you look at some of my past posts I'm a big fan and really do think they are the best bang for the buck and most underrated electric guitars on the market. I pushed for the 594 because he's chasing a dream and I know what that's like. Yeah I could have said "be practical" but that's not what dreams are about. The impression I got from the OP is that his big dream is a 594, but that he could settle for an S2 in an effort to be more practical. Practical is another way of saying your dreams have been put on hold. Any influence my opinion has on his decision is still up to him, he's not a puppet :)

I'm a dreamer and I like to dream big. Dreams have a way of coming true and the number one killer of Life is being afraid to dream. So I'll never poo poo on someone's dreams and will always be behind them 100% on the biggest dreams they have. I don't know his fiscal situation and it doesn't matter. If I want to make a dream come true, it will one way or another. If I can help a brother's dream come true by saying "go for the gusto" and lending my unseen support, then I've followed my heart and done a service to my fellow man in a world that just loves to dash our dreams against the rocks. I suppose it's a heart vs brain thing but one thing my brain has taught me is to follow my heart.

The Heart knows, the Brain thinks it knows :)

The first guitar I usually grab when I play is my S2 Singlecut Satin Standard. It beats out a Bernie Marsden, a reclaimed Vela, an older Satin Standard 24 and a Signature Limited. When I played it instore, I had to have it but self control prevailed, i.e. I just bought the Sig Ltd the month before. My wife ended up getting it as a Christmas present and its been my number one since. Don’t think I need to say much more...

@EPICA is there anywhere you can get your mitts on both? Even if they might not be the colour you'd pick, at least you'd know what to order.

What Dave said.

Just be patient.
I’ve always tried to get the best I could afford. I’d rather wait and buy once than buy twice. Once I had enough for a Custom, I spent months finding the right one, which I still have.

Hey! I’m surprised Sergio is still talking to you!;)

Now that’s out of the way, if you have the option of trying several PRS models you may be surprised that the answer could be “none of the above”.

I apologise because that probably isn’t helpful, however it’s what Mozzi is alluding to! Keep your options open, you could find something in your hands just feels right!

Good luck and happy hunting.

Now that’s out of the way, if you have the option of trying several PRS models you may be surprised that the answer could be “none of the above”.

I apologise because that probably isn’t helpful, however it’s what Mozzi is alluding to! Keep your options open, you could find something in your hands just feels right!.

In a roundabout way I was alluding to the point that the OP should try the guitars themselves. Its all well and good having a 'dream' guitar (or Car) and then when the opportunity arises, pondering whether they really should spend the money on their 'dream' - even if they won't get as much use out of it due to personal circumstances, only getting a few hours a week to spend time with their 'dreams'. The only that can answer that question is the one who will be spending the money. I would rather spend the money to have the 'best' 2hrs a week I can, something to make the rest of the week worthwhile, something to look forward to, something to get you through the week to get to spend time with your dream - if you can afford it. Dreams may well be costly, and maybe you could buy something cheaper, but that is compromising on your dream - and you will forever be wondering if you really should of spent the money when you could.

If, when you do get to actually spend time with your 'dream' - try it in a shop, take it out for a test drive etc, if that makes you happy, makes you want to part with your money (or at least make you want to buy one in a colour you like), then its worth every penny. If its going to make you happy for a few hours a week, help you to forget about all the drudgery, all the sh1t you have to get through every week, then its the best 'money' you will spend. If that 'dream' doesn't excite, doesn't 'feel' like you thought it would, doesn't live up to your expectation, then its not the 'dream' you thought it would be and you have saved yourself from spending 'big' on something that the reality didn't live up to the dream. Even if you do then buy the 'cheaper' option, you will not be left feeling 'what if', not resent you 'new' toy, maybe end up loving it more because you know its better than your 'dream' was and cost less too. A bargain that makes you happy, gets you through the week etc. Maybe you go into the shop and try the 594 but doesn't excite but see a beautiful Custom 22 or Custom 24, try one of those and that really excites, really feels great, better than you expected and now you have the money to buy your dream so buy it!! A great guitar isn't just for your birthday or Christmas, its for life. Whilst you may only get a few hours a week to spend time with your 'dream', you may get the opportunity to spend a few hours every day, maybe more than just a few hours too. If its what makes you happy, makes you excited, gets you through the week etc its worth EVERY penny (or cent if you live in the US). Whether that's a Core PRS, CE PRS, S2 PRS or SE PRS, whether that's a PRS at all, the important thing in all of this is you, the buyer. What will make you the happiest, what feels right to you.

I went without for years as I had a Girlfriend that turned into my wife, had kids etc so couldn't indulge in my dreams. My circumstances changed and I didn't hesitate on buying a 'dream' guitar. Ever since I bought my first guitar and in that shop, I saw my first PRS, I have yearned to own one. Around 30yrs later (yes, that long), I found myself in a position to buy a 'core' PRS. I am not a Lawyer or Doctor. The cost to me was incredibly high - I have only once spent more money (a Car on HP) on something. Anything over £1k has to be something that I really, really want - its not a decision I take lightly so spending over £3k on my PRS 594 was buying a 'dream'. As I said, I had to put everything on hold for an incredibly long time. The only instrument I kept for at least 25yrs was my Washburn Acoustic and I rarely got to strum on that. As such, I wouldn't even consider myself a skilled player as I have forgotten a LOT (apart from all the basic cowboy chords and a few licks/riffs) so I perhaps had even less reason to 'spend' all that money on a PRS. However its been my dream for many, many years and I don't regret purchasing at all - in fact I have actually gone on and added to my collection. It makes me very happy to get to spend time with my dreams - even if I am not doing them the 'justice' they deserve as I am just a home/bedroom guitarist and haven't gigged for at least 20yrs, perhaps longer. These guitars though make me happy, make me want to play. I perhaps could have bought a PRS before I met my girlfriend (that became my wife), I had the opportunity but for one reason or another, I didn't buy one. It took MANY years before I was in a position again to buy. I do have regrets that I put my dreams on hold for many years and spent many years believing I would never have any of my dreams realised. I am too old now to be the rockstar guitarist I hoped I could become but I can at least now make music on my 'dream' instruments.

If you have the opportunity to at least try your 'dream' instrument, you will know whether it is something you really, really want. If it is, don't hesitate to buy because you may not get another chance and it could be many, many years before another opportunity arises - many many years you could have spent enjoying and looking forward to spending time with your dream, making you happy. Even if the 594 isn't the dream you thought it might be, something else in the shop, a Custom 22 for example as that may feel a bit more like an S2 - same scale length and neck may well be. If you are in position to try out and perhaps buy, take that opportunity. Don't let others tell you what you should or shouldn't do...

Thanks a lot for the advise, I will wait until my guitar dealer has the s2 with the finish I like in stock then I will try it to see which one of the two feels the most comfortable to play, you guys are right I should get the one I liked the most and the S2 faded blue smokeburst is the one that I liked the most in terms of aesthetics, I will just wait till mid April for them to be in stock.

Thanks a lot for the advise, I will wait until my guitar dealer has the s2 with the finish I like in stock then I will try it to see which one of the two feels the most comfortable to play, you guys are right I should get the one I liked the most and the S2 faded blue smokeburst is the one that I liked the most in terms of aesthetics, I will just wait till mid April for them to be in stock.

Cool - you do what's right for you. You could still go to your local PRS dealer and get to feel what a 'core' PRS feels and sounds like. A Custom 22 should have the same neck carve and scale length so that could give you reference point on what to expect on an S2 at least from the fretting hand and neck perspective. If you find that a more comfortable neck than the 594, then chances are you will find the S2 more comfortable too.

There is no harm in trying these instruments if they are in stock. At the very least, you will have an idea of what these core models offer - although you probably won't get to see the hard case they come with. You can get to feel and hear what an 'all-American' made guitar is like, see and hear what that 'extra' money is buying - if one 'sings' to you, assuming you still have the money, great. If you are still wondering whether the cheaper guitar is better bang for buck, you don't have to buy the Core there and then, wait for the S2. When you get to feel and hear that, you will have an idea of what the Core offers and can decide whether or not its worth spending the extra.

Either way, there is no harm at all going and trying the core models, trying both the 594 and a Custom 22 at the very least. If you prefer the 594 neck and scale length over the Custom 22, then its little point waiting until April because the S2 shares the same neck shape and scale length. Even after trying and you preferring the 594 for example, you can still wait to see if you like the S2 - no pressure either way, its your money.

Any excuse to go on try a few Core PRS's is always a 'good' excuse... :D

I love that new color. I almost wet with it, but decided on the Whale Blue on my S2 Singlecut SH. Those are killer guitars that are extremely addictive to play. Just comfortable, easy to play and sound amazing to my ears.

Honestly, I don't get why people put so much pressure on their own opinions. I don't personally know anyone so mentally lazy that they'll follow a single opinion as gospel advice to the exclusion of all others. It's like some people think they're doctors and in some way liable, like their opinion is going to be held solely responsible for someone else's decision.

It's not and never will be, people make their own decisions regardless of what anyone else says and manage to survive the experience. You also don't have the right to take away anyone else's right to make mistakes, even if it were possible. There are no lives hanging on any opinions given here. You can't give the wrong advice because none of us even know what the right advice is.

There are two kinds of advice, that which we actually followed and that we believe we ought to have followed but didn't. The first kind is playing a fair game, the second kind you didn't listen to yourself so what makes you think anyone else will?

Maybe I'm the only one here that's learned to think for themselves, but I seriously doubt it :)

Last edited:
To the OP... I honestly wish you the best of luck in finding the one that brings your dreams the most joy, whichever one that ends up being :)

Insert subliminal suggestion 594 lines below main text :)

Cool - you do what's right for you. You could still go to your local PRS dealer and get to feel what a 'core' PRS feels and sounds like. A Custom 22 should have the same neck carve and scale length so that could give you reference point on what to expect on an S2 at least from the fretting hand and neck perspective. If you find that a more comfortable neck than the 594, then chances are you will find the S2 more comfortable too.

There is no harm in trying these instruments if they are in stock. At the very least, you will have an idea of what these core models offer - although you probably won't get to see the hard case they come with. You can get to feel and hear what an 'all-American' made guitar is like, see and hear what that 'extra' money is buying - if one 'sings' to you, assuming you still have the money, great. If you are still wondering whether the cheaper guitar is better bang for buck, you don't have to buy the Core there and then, wait for the S2. When you get to feel and hear that, you will have an idea of what the Core offers and can decide whether or not its worth spending the extra.

Either way, there is no harm at all going and trying the core models, trying both the 594 and a Custom 22 at the very least. If you prefer the 594 neck and scale length over the Custom 22, then its little point waiting until April because the S2 shares the same neck shape and scale length. Even after trying and you preferring the 594 for example, you can still wait to see if you like the S2 - no pressure either way, its your money.

Any excuse to go on try a few Core PRS's is always a 'good' excuse... :D
Yeah the guitar center that has de core model will also have the s2 models around april so I will go try them both once they have the s2 models then I will pull the trigger xD

Back