S2 fretboard quality gray splotchy not very impressive

so... you would hate the acoustic I'm having made then? (non-PRS)
AcousticInProgress-1200x1600.jpg

I have oddly specific tastes.

I’m beginning to question whether there’s anyone who doesn’t have oddly specific taste, myself included.

On the other hand, most people think rather highly of their taste, however oddly specific it might be.

And there are those who hire people to tell them what their tastes ought to be, a conundrum. considering that people who can afford to hire people to tell them what their taste should be are generally wealthy, and perceive themselves to have the most impeccable taste.

“Wait, aren’t you the guy who once wanted a black leather bedspread?”

“I still want a black leather bedspread.”

“But that’s in such bad taste.”

“That’s the best part about it.” :)

the

so... you would hate the acoustic I'm having made then? (non-PRS)
AcousticInProgress-1200x1600.jpg
I'll have to say that looks pretty cool, impressive.
also here's a quote from a guitar Luthier blog about rosewood fretboard
Rosewood
The most common fretboard. The sound is richer than Maple because the stray overtones are absorbed into the oily pores (rosewood is a naturally oily wood).

all I said is some of the boards dont look that impressive, originally. I was marginally concerned of tone and playability.
I've had about 12 PRS core models, I was under the impression the S2 was mostly core wood material.
since this is my 1st S2 purchase, I will have to learn what it is about.
I've never seen anything except dark highest quality heartwood fretboards on the core models, every one I've owned has been nearly flawless in playability tone and hardness and chocolatey goodness of the fretboard.
so this is new to try and interpret PRS's claims that tone and playability are not compromised, but seeing that I cherry picked what I think is a really good one, my expectations are high, as well as my fingernails.
r0wUeqI.jpg

Looks like someone should be looking for ebony fingerboards. ;)

the

I'll have to say that looks pretty cool, impressive.
also here's a quote from a guitar Luthier blog about rosewood fretboard
Rosewood
The most common fretboard. The sound is richer than Maple because the stray overtones are absorbed into the oily pores (rosewood is a naturally oily wood).

all I said is some of the boards dont look that impressive, originally. I was marginally concerned of tone and playability.
I've had about 12 PRS core models, I was under the impression the S2 was mostly core wood material.
since this is my 1st S2 purchase, I will have to learn what it is about.
I've never seen anything except dark highest quality heartwood fretboards on the core models, every one I've owned has been nearly flawless in playability tone and hardness and chocolatey goodness of the fretboard.
so this is new to try and interpret PRS's claims that tone and playability are not compromised, but seeing that I cherry picked what I think is a really good one, my expectations are high, as well as my fingernails.
r0wUeqI.jpg
Showing me a fretboard that's had 20+ years of heavy playing on RAW wood doesn't make the case IMO.

Well, that settles it. I'll be using this thing for firewood now.

GexF8vah.jpg
that's not even good enough for firewood, sapwood will not burn in a fire, I'm afraid were going to have to bury it and use it as fertilizer

I understand being particular, nothing wrong with that. ;)

I ordered this guitar, having not seen it until it arrived. Opened the case, and was initially shocked that the board wasn't the usual dark rosewood that I'd seen on every other one, but had some streaking, and I felt a little disappointed. Of course I played it, a lot, and found that it felt and sounded wonderful. Inspecting the board in the right light, revealed a really nice wood grain that you might find on some "boutique" guitars, and it was totally unique. I started to appreciate the look, and really couldn't make myself return it. The guitar is now 5 years old, and I still like it. :cool:

46325845652_b61a84d57b_h.jpg

Back