Runs From The Past - Celebrate What Was And Still Is!

1957/2008 limited. The stars aligned when they made this run. Everyone I know who has one claims it’s their keeper forever.
raXmIcJ.jpg

Here's my Artist V... I think limited to 300 total, only 150 in the US... probably not as limited as these others, but its MINE! LOL

31226338827_3656278e36_k.jpg
What I appreciated about some of these old runs is that they tended to have standout woods, like Peruvian Mahogany for the Artist V and the 57/08 LTD.

Wow, a blue crab blue right? has it faded or still vibrant as ever?

I've only owned it for a couple of weeks. I was expecting it to look like the one in my avatar, and the seller's pics on Reverb matched my avatar (he said he took them about a year ago when he bought it), but when I got it, it's almost a black teal or something... it hasn't faded, but apparently darkened up somehow over the years. Still beautiful, and my most amazing player! I love the Artist V pickups, they sound magical.

The Duke of Ornate, the Collection Series III. Pernambuco neck, African Blackwood fingerboard, Espresso smokeburst. A chameleon that changes hue with the lighting.
QCVFfWG.jpg
8yZI1n2.png
QEC5vqG.jpg
AW1jI47.jpg
mifD5jU.jpg

Very small 2013 run of DGT Artists in Boyd's Burst with rosewood necks and ebony boards. One of the best sounding guitars I own. These two (the DGT Artist with my '97 R4 Oxblood) are going to the gig tonight. That DGT hangs with the LP easily---and that R4 is a beast.

Looks like there were a couple of NAMM 20 guitars behind you too - so there's a job for next time;) Looks like their Royal Blue NAMM 20 one has faded - I think the case sticker says 'badly faded'...

When Alex Lifeson is your all time favorite guitar player, there isn't much cooler than getting to hold his actual guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOIiMHK.jpg

Special shout out to Shawn for being such a bada$$ dude!

Agree - mega cool Shawn let you loose with all those too. As an aside sometimes special posts like this come along and I think, yeah - that's why I joined the Forum. Thanks Bodia (and Shawn).

Back