Runs From The Past - Celebrate What Was And Still Is!

When Alex Lifeson is your all time favorite guitar player, there isn't much cooler than getting to hold his actual guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOIiMHK.jpg

Special shout out to Shawn for being such a bada$$ dude!
Wow I see a Floyd Scholz eagle too!

When Alex Lifeson is your all time favorite guitar player, there isn't much cooler than getting to hold his actual guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOIiMHK.jpg

OMG... we dress alike... but I gots ya by a few pounds.... hehehe :p

You bet! Glad I could share! Shawn's the best!

Just looked at your photos again this morning and they made me smile again - kinda feel like a kid in a candy store seeing inside the store room and some of the guiatars (and cases) in there so it must have been epic being there in person. Thanks again. Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix plus a few others would be my guitar heros so I can imagine if I was allowed access one of their guitars. I did once play a really trashed Fender bass (a sunburst one not the Olypmpic White bass) that was being sold by a vintage dealer in England as one of Sid Vicious' but that's not quite the same.
For the curious:
https://www.guitarvibe.com/2010/06/sids-vicious-bass-for-sale.html

YOIiMHK.jpg

OK, so that being the case, what did Big Al play that on!? Inquiring minds want to know!

Just looked at your photos again this morning and they made me smile again - kinda feel like a kid in a candy store seeing inside the store room and some of the guiatars (and cases) in there so it must have been epic being there in person. Thanks again. Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix plus a few others would be my guitar heros so I can imagine if I was allowed access one of their guitars. I did once play a really trashed Fender bass (a sunburst one not the Olypmpic White bass) that was being sold by a vintage dealer in England as one of Sid Vicious' but that's not quite the same.
For the curious:
https://www.guitarvibe.com/2010/06/sids-vicious-bass-for-sale.html

Beyond epic!

YOIiMHK.jpg

Dang, now I’m jealous! Come on, admit it, you started playing Limelight on it :D

I really need to visit the factory one of these days!

Dang, now I’m jealous! Come on, admit it, you started playing Limelight on it :D

I really need to visit the factory one of these days!

Played it!? I was just trying to do two things. Three, actually.
1) Not drop it!
2) Don't drool on it
3) wishing the wife was sitting out front with the engine running and a clear escape route! :D

I've only owned it for a couple of weeks. I was expecting it to look like the one in my avatar, and the seller's pics on Reverb matched my avatar (he said he took them about a year ago when he bought it), but when I got it, it's almost a black teal or something... it hasn't faded, but apparently darkened up somehow over the years. Still beautiful, and my most amazing player! I love the Artist V pickups, they sound magical.

Weird - I pulled out my AV for the first time in quite a while. Also Blue Crab Blue. Also seemed to be darker than I remembered.

Sounded cool. One of those "why don't I use you more" moments.

Very small 2013 run of DGT Artists in Boyd's Burst with rosewood necks and ebony boards. One of the best sounding guitars I own. These two (the DGT Artist with my '97 R4 Oxblood) are going to the gig tonight. That DGT hangs with the LP easily---and that R4 is a beast.

Beautiful!!!!

Probably my favorite guitar currently (without trem). This was a special run in 2009 by PRS and Dave’s guitar shop, 30 were in the run, this is #18. I changed the speed knobs and installed winged tuners (I prefer them) thanks to Sergio who pointed out that there are winged tuners that fit the footprint of phase II tuners. Really nice to have Paul’s signature on the headstock. It’s like a modern day signature series. Wood was chosen from the wood library, Artist grade curly maple top, Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard, real mother of pearl inlays, mahogany body/neck, sweet switch and wide thin neck. Awesome guitar, cuts through the mix with 59/09 pickups. Has tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece, like a modern Limited Edition 300. Anyway here are some photos.....

i2eQUtO.jpg

xPmLRR5.jpg

CPbD6U0.jpg

Back