Runs From The Past - Celebrate What Was And Still Is!

Experience 2008 1957/2008 run...

sc245570801.jpg
Love me some blueberries! :)

As for this...
image.jpg

I’ve never seen Koa with such thorough flame. Usually there’d be some dead spots, even for private stocks. Moreover that’s probably enough thickness for 3 tops! That’s a one-off specimen!
I’m a Koa fanatic. I have an all Koa rocking chair (never too early to plan for retirement?!?), Koa wood sculptures, Koa boxes, Koa wood bowls (calabashes)... I’ve never seen a single piece of Koa that had such curl on every part of it, nor the variation in color! The fact that it’s a guitar from my favorite guitar builder - even better!

I bought this used. Was talking with my dealer about a P245T with a Koa top and looked up the pictures on this one...and saw that it was currently for sale! Wife wasn’t happy with me, but she understood. She still comments that this one and Miss Pernie really are unicorns not to be found in the wild again! Unless I decide to sell them..

I have the highest respect for this run, the Collection VIII 2014. The sleeper Giant of the series. This run has a specimen displayed in the Metropolitan Musuem of Art, but its really the sound.

It’s my most powerful performer sonically. Tone is subjective, so I’m referring to how energetic and intense the string vibration is. Played and observed unplugged, this one almost feels like it’s over-vibrating, a 700BHP Ferrari under restraint by the frets, but in a smooth never uncontrolled manner. The intensity of each note is unsurpassed within my stable.

Every note has a secondary reverberating harmonic ping, because it causes other strings to go into harmonic vibration. For a while I could not figure out what it was. This is not a weak singer using stadium level speakers. It’s Freddie Mercury singing in the bathroom (and then going to the audio shop to choose whatever microphone he wants).
XBqKTYH.jpg

Last edited:
I have the highest respect for this run, the Collection VIII 2014. The sleeper Giant of the series. This run has a specimen displayed in the Metropolitan Musuem of Art, but its really the sound.

It’s my most powerful performer sonically. Tone is subjective, so I’m referring to how energetic and intense the string vibration is. Played and observed unplugged, this one almost feels like it’s over-vibrating, a 700BHP Ferrari under restraint by the frets, but in a smooth stable never uncontrolled manner. The intensity of each note is unsurpassed within my stable.

Every note has a secondary reverberating harmonic ping, because it causes other strings to go into harmonic vibration. It rings out clearly when played unplugged. For a while I could not figure out what it was. This is not a weak singer using stadium level speakers. It’s Freddie Mercury singing in the bathroom (and then going to the audio shop to choose whatever microphone he wants).
XBqKTYH.jpg
I love those inlays.

Some seriously excellent guitars shown already!! Love the PRS limited runs. I know there was a time when it seemed like they were milking the term "limited" for a while there, but even knowing that, I find all of them to be magical in their own way. I have 3 guitars all from the same lot of the 25 Pernambuco DGTs they did a while back. For my personal tastes, its easily in the top 3 "runs" for me. I would get more if I could!

dcu1jk.jpg

Was taking this Collection Series VI out for a walk when I got reminded how majestic these limited runs from the past are.

PRS puts out so many fantastic runs, the latest being the Graveyard LTD. Occasionally it’s necessary to celebrate the glorious past!
PELTySA.jpg
6FmrU2i.jpg
KpohJqq.jpg
RdXcB2Q.jpg
PbybV7t.jpg

This guitar is pure magic!!! The top and inlay is just amazing.

Jeeeeeeez... some mighty fine "run" guitars in this thread...

My first "Limited" run won't be delivered until Q1 2019... Dohhhhhh.

Fire Red Burst Special 22 Semi-hollow Artist Limited Edition upgrade. Getting addicted to 3 pickup PRSi.

Everything else special I have is just Wood Library runs, including the 509 Swamp Ash currently being built now.
Glad to get to share this one with some forum members for once!

Some seriously excellent guitars shown already!! Love the PRS limited runs. I know there was a time when it seemed like they were milking the term "limited" for a while there, but even knowing that, I find all of them to be magical in their own way. I have 3 guitars all from the same lot of the 25 Pernambuco DGTs they did a while back. For my personal tastes, its easily in the top 3 "runs" for me. I would get more if I could!

dcu1jk.jpg
Heeeellllloooo ladies! I still *NEED* that blue one in the middle! Has my son’s DOB on the back of the headstock.:)

dcu1jk.jpg
Very coherent color spectrum there! That’s 12% there like I mentioned before. Amazing!

Last edited:
OK, I'll try to milk this one but good. :D

20th anniversary Cu22 limited. Beautiful "angel step" figuring on the body that doesn't show well in this shot:

prs05.png

Experience 57/08 SC limited (related to an earlier question, I bought this guitar because of the magic new 57/08 pickups, as it was one of the only ways to get them at the time. Of course we all know those pickups became a smashing success). It's the only guitar I've ever named: Ripzilla!

prs09.png

Experience 59/09 limited, featuring 59/09 pickups, satin quilt top, and Indian rosewood neck. This is practically a Modern Eagle. In fact I did retrofit my Modern Eagle with 59/09s because I loved them so much in this guitar, and now they're kind of a pair:

prs11.png

(Oops, bonus pic but I guess it's kind of limited too!)
prs07.png

Experience 2012 Cu24 limited. You can't set the flamey maple satin finished neck in this shot, but it's killer. The pickups are 53/13s by another name.

prs13.png

And finally, one of last year's run of 594 soapbars:

IMG_3407.JPG

Back