PRS Road Show --> Danger Ahead

Griz

So my wife is out of town visiting family and I had 3 choices for entertainment tonight..stay home, go to a local bar, or hit the PRS road show here in Nor Calif. Hello PRS! I was just going to go have a few free glasses of wine and be around like minded people.

I've been thinking about adding an SE Zach Myers to the herd and thought if there was a deal to be had, I might get one. Sure enough I walked in the door and there it was. I loved it. Pulled out the credit card (first mistake, should have left it at home) and paid while they put new strings on and got her all set for me...this was before the show even started.

So, I visit with the local Northwest Sales folks and store employees, then Bryan Ewald demos guitars and talks about all things PRS. Great evening!

After that, I picked up an Angelus A60....wow, what a great guitar and a beautiful piece of art. Nope, can't do it. Must resist.......couldn't resist, so call me weak. Pulled out the plastic again and when all was said and done walked out with new guitars in each hand.

Now the hard part...what to do when the wife gets home tomorrow? Blame it on the PRS sales guys....she knows better than that since I have run the condo sales gauntlets in Mexico (just say no). Blame it on the wine...can't do that since I made sure I was able to drive home. Blame it on Bryan hypnotizing me...that might work. Hide one for a few months. Or just tell her how much I love her and even though new guitars are no substitute for her being around, I felt a moment of weakness. Of course I could start off by telling her about the nice Custom ones they were selling for $5K and by comparison, I got a great deal on 2 guitars.

The clock is ticking..she will be home in 15 hours. Help!

So my wife is out of town visiting family and I had 3 choices for entertainment tonight..stay home, go to a local bar, or hit the PRS road show here in Nor Calif. Hello PRS! I was just going to go have a few free glasses of wine and be around like minded people.

I've been thinking about adding an SE Zach Myers to the herd and thought if there was a deal to be had, I might get one. Sure enough I walked in the door and there it was. I loved it. Pulled out the credit card (first mistake, should have left it at home) and paid while they put new strings on and got her all set for me...this was before the show even started.

So, I visit with the local Northwest Sales folks and store employees, then Bryan Ewald demos guitars and talks about all things PRS. Great evening!

After that, I picked up an Angelus A60....wow, what a great guitar and a beautiful piece of art. Nope, can't do it. Must resist.......couldn't resist, so call me weak. Pulled out the plastic again and when all was said and done walked out with new guitars in each hand.

Now the hard part...what to do when the wife gets home tomorrow? Blame it on the PRS sales guys....she knows better than that since I have run the condo sales gauntlets in Mexico (just say no). Blame it on the wine...can't do that since I made sure I was able to drive home. Blame it on Bryan hypnotizing me...that might work. Hide one for a few months. Or just tell her how much I love her and even though new guitars are no substitute for her being around, I felt a moment of weakness. Of course I could start off by telling her about the nice Custom ones they were selling for $5K and by comparison, I got a great deal on 2 guitars.

The clock is ticking..she will be home in 15 hours. Help!

This. See, you know the right answer. You did good.

Y'know how you feel like you did well when you get out of Costco only having spent a couple hundred bucks? This is like that. Especially if Bryan is there to work his magic.

(Add a zero at the end of the cost of escaping if Paul hisself is there...)

This is why I do not go to these events alone. Although, my wife can be a bit of an enabler (she's been beside me for every purchase) and she would have told me something like "Instead of those two, just spend a bit more on this one.....you like it more."

Good job on the new guitars. As for what to tell the wife......be upfront and honest. And then ask for forgiveness......multiple times. 10 "Hail Mary's" if you're Catholic. Do the dishes, vacuum the floors, and the rest of her chores for two weeks. Should be good after that.......hopefully.

This is why I do not go to these events alone. Although, my wife can be a bit of an enabler (she's been beside me for every purchase) and she would have told me something like "Instead of those two, just spend a bit more on this one.....you like it more."

Good job on the new guitars. As for what to tell the wife......be upfront and honest. And then ask for forgiveness......multiple times. 10 "Hail Mary's" if you're Catholic. Do the dishes, vacuum the floors, and the rest of her chores for two weeks. Should be good after that.......hopefully.
Since I do all the cleaning (except bathrooms) 99% percent of the cooking there aren't many chores left for me. I could always pull out her last Macy's bill and compare it to tonight:p Might not be equal but over the long haul guarantee my 'hobby' is less than what is in her closet.

This. See, you know the right answer. You did good.

Y'know how you feel like you did well when you get out of Costco only having spent a couple hundred bucks? This is like that. Especially if Bryan is there to work his magic.

(Add a zero at the end of the cost of escaping if Paul hisself is there...)
Funny anecdote...local PRS rep says Paul recommends leaving the house with an empty guitar case, then when you come home it looks like you are bringing back the same thing you left with.

Sounds like a great night! Take your lumps up front. Then take her out for a nice dinner and night out.

Can you say someone hacked your card and the guitars were somehow delivered to the house?

Someone actually did that to my wife's card. A pair of $700 sneakers were delivered to our house by FedEx a day after the charge showed up on the card.

Can you say someone hacked your card and the guitars were somehow delivered to the house?

Someone actually did that to my wife's card. A pair of $700 sneakers were delivered to our house by FedEx a day after the charge showed up on the card.

Were they miraculously in her size?!;)

Back