Post your pernambuco!

image.jpg

They all belong to, like, only 3 or 4 members here. Or, at least, used to. I’ve seen some really nice non-PRS examples, too. But no one wants to see those here. :rolleyes:

I just want to hail whomever was the first major guitar maker who thought of using pernambuco in guitars. It’s such an unusual wood, has such a storied history and pedigree, an impressive name, and is rare. It may or may not have been PRS, who knows, but just....great concept man!

My first (PS SC245):

wOmsZ3f.jpg

Which got me hooked enough on pernambuco necks to buy these two Collection Vs:

ZWb1ufJ.jpg

Due to the now non-availability of pernambuco, and after Paul convincing me, I went with poor man's pernambuco (chaltecoco) on my PS 408-594 hybrid:

wMXA5vG.jpg

My first (PS SC245):

wOmsZ3f.jpg

ZWb1ufJ.jpg

Due to the now non-availability of pernambuco, and after Paul convincing me, I went with poor man's pernambuco (chaltecoco) on my PS 408-594 hybrid:

wMXA5vG.jpg
TWO Collection Vs!! Now THAT is passion!!

I showed the front in another thread, but some of you might not have seen my pernumbuco
CK_302CollectionBack.JPG

CK_304CollectionSide.JPG

A couple of months ago was the first time I saw of another acoustic builder using it for an acoustic body. The sound is like nothing else. You'll have to visit to hear for yourself.
I’d get arrested trying to take it across the border. :D

My first (PS SC245):

wOmsZ3f.jpg

ZWb1ufJ.jpg

wMXA5vG.jpg
Those are all great, but that SC245 will HAUNT me!!!! :)

Back