When a small repair feels like an NGD

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
This beauty just had its little irksome ding repaired. A small touch up of clear Nitro by skilled hands, and it’s now perfect.

Well it deserves to be. Pernambuco neck, Honduran RW fingerboard, Mammoth Ivory birds, and a unique prototype stain called Dirty Violin. A headstock eagle you could use as a facial make-up mirror if you so fancy.

Oh and it used to belong to a certain Gentleman we all know. Perfect!
nDpv3JJ.jpg

sWWEFB2.jpg

S5Dqnia.jpg

Pih1YoR.jpg

L0Te71N.jpg

NRvcnUw.jpg

Does Paul know you have his guitar? I know Sergio tried to jack Paul's car (or so the legend goes), but I had not heard of anyone nicking his guitar!! In all seriousness, it looks great and congrats!!!
Thanks! I think he’s had several of these over the years. They are typically prototypes of new models. I reckon he plays them to test them and suss out the designs. For example I would suspect this one was an early prototype for what eventually becomes the Paul’s Guitar.

I suppose it’s not the most difficult thing for Paul to get a guitar made LOL. In theory he could have an infinite number. Often he would personally pick the woods. From what little I know, he’d play them for a while, and then sometimes somebody approaches him to buy the guitar over and it gets moved on.

Where it eventually ends up, I doubt he would know or track. I know of at least one (from his own interviews) that he’s kept permanently and gave to his wife. If I’m not wrong that’s the one he played White Room on years ago, but I may be wrong. That’s a killer guitar no doubt!

I liked this one mainly for its Pernambuco neck and other appointments. It’s history with Paul was of course a big added attraction.

Last edited:
The fine example mentioned above. That’s European maple on the top if I’m not mistaken, like that they used on the Violin McCarty. It’s a distinct look. Did also dawn on me that not many CEOs and founders of major guitar builders can do this.

Thanks! I think he’s had several of these over the years. They are typically prototypes of new models. I reckon he plays them to test them and suss out the designs. For example I would suspect this one was an early prototype for what eventually becomes the Paul’s Guitar.

I suppose it’s not the most difficult thing for Paul to get a guitar made LOL. In theory he could have an infinite number. Often he would personally pick the woods. From what little I know, he’d play them for a while, and then sometimes somebody approaches him to buy the guitar over and it gets moved on.

Where it eventually ends up, I doubt he would know or track. I know of at least one (from his own interviews) that he’s kept permanently and gave to his wife. If I’m not wrong that’s the one he played White Room on years ago, but I may be wrong. That’s a killer guitar no doubt!

I liked this one mainly for its Pernambuco neck and other appointments. It’s history with Paul was of course a big added attraction.
Once you go Pernie…:)

Back