Post Photobucket (as in after PB screwed the original thread) Santana Pic of the Day!

Awesome guitars 11top! Is the brown one blackwood, rosewood? They're all gorgeous, but I like that one.:cool:

Awesome guitars 11top! Is the brown one blackwood, rosewood? They're all gorgeous, but I like that one.:cool:

“Brown one?” You’re going to have to help me out. Which brown one, please?

If you are referring to the one with the sapwood in the middle of the top: Ziracote

Or the one that is one piece feathercrotch: English walnut

Or the one piece body with the natural maple neck: Claro walnut.

I supplied the wood for all three.

iFCCg4M.jpg

bkP8R33.jpg

Wait, what!? Who are you, and what have you done with Sergio?

In an effort to eclipse Les, I temporarily enlisted help posting. All of us here at Sergio de Blanc Enterprises regretfully admit our mistake and wish to say that we will do everything within our power to rectify the problem. The independent contractor who made the offensive post has been fired.

In an effort to eclipse Les, I temporarily enlisted help posting. All of us here at Sergio de Blanc Enterprises regretfully admit our mistake and wish to say that we will do everything within our power to rectify the problem. The independent contractor who made the offensive post has been fired.

So, the goal is to still get them all?

Just sold these 2:

Your Zircote topped Santana haunted me when you first posted it! What's your sense of Zircote as a top wood compared to the more standard maple. I have a Lowden with Zircote back and sides and find that--at least on that guitar--it's a livelier wood compared to mahogany and EIR, close to BRW but with a bit more of the fundamental. But an acoustic application is a totally different beast.
Thanks!

Back