Post Photobucket (as in after PB screwed the original thread) Santana Pic of the Day!

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
So, a newer member would like to see some Santana pics from those of us in the know. Since Photobucket went and ruined the previous one, guess we have to start all over! Post 'em if ya got 'em!

tOeGQny.jpg

WHI0Xjl.jpg

So...I'm the FNG...aka, newer member!

Thanks Bodia for starting this thread...I already want a Santana but all this eye candy is ramping me up!

Beautiful frickin guitars...brings a tear to my eye!

Love me a bit of “nude”. That bridge (sorry Sergio) is “bangin”!!

Some information would be greatfully received.
It's a Santana "Mini-hum" Prototype. The dude who sold it to me scored it directly off PRS, he said at the time that it was used in the development of the 57/08 Narrowfield pickups, but I haven't been able to confirm that with PRS Customer Service. A few more pics here :)

It's a Santana "Mini-hum" Prototype. The dude who sold it to me scored it directly off PRS, he said at the time that it was used in the development of the 57/08 Narrowfield pickups, but I haven't been able to confirm that with PRS Customer Service. A few more pics here :)
Thanks Justin, this one has obviously got some history. Did you ever learn any more about it?

We’re the pickup covers straight from the factory?

And if I hadn’t already said so -

WOOOOWWWW!!

Crude innuendo warning

Ah the old Santana spank bank.

Just need the bruise burst and some submissions from señor 11top and i’ll be entertained for hours.

Bodia’s holding out on us!

I need some info from Sergio about that lace sensor in the neck on that Korina beauty?

And “calling Mr Top to the stage”!

Thanks Justin, this one has obviously got some history. Did you ever learn any more about it?

We’re the pickup covers straight from the factory?

And if I hadn’t already said so -

WOOOOWWWW!!
No, at the time Matt King got back to me but wasn't sure about the guitar. He thought it was a singlecoil proto:

"I’m not sure about the Narrowfield reference but these were prototype singlecoils that never went to market."

But it's definitely mini-hums, the case says "Santan Mini Bucker" on it. Maybe he was thinking of the other, rad Santana proto... @Shawn@PRS has an awesome photo of it (which I can't seem to find and needs to be in this thread!), post it Shawn!

The original ad from the seller said:

"We recently had the opportunity to cherry pick the PRS archives and we are very excited to be able to offer a few one of a kind instruments. This is a prototype model that was never put into production meaning that this is the only one that exists! This guitar has a very thin clear satin lacquer finish and no serial number. It is basically a Santana without the Santana name on it. What makes this one so unique is the electronics. PRS makes a great sounding mini-humbucker called the narrowfield which is featured in a few of their models today. The pickups in this guitar are the hand made prototypes that became the narrowfield pickup. They are made onto the plates of vintage Gibson mini-hums and they sound amazing. Think of a Strat with twice the output and that is close to the sound of these pickups. The guitar is in great shape and it plays awesome. It shows slight buckle rash on the back but overall it looks great. It includes the factory case which still has all of the prototype and R and D tape on it. The case is what we would call a shop case meaning that is does have a few nicks and dings on it. You will never see another one like this so don't miss this chance to own a super rare, one of a kind PRS prototype!"

The pickup covers aren't factory, I ended up putting Narrowfields in custom CNC routed covers, there's pics in the thread I linked :)

TL : DR sorry @bodia

Back