Photos, let's see 'em

Just took this photo of a MD-87 jet dumping slurry on the last pass of the day. It's a 3-engine jet so you get a sense of scale.

5ffGelo.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, cool photo! DC-10s are friggin huge. I used to work on them with Fedex like 20 years ago. I think that's something smaller though, like a MD-88 or something? DC10s have engines under the wings and the smaller wings on the back attach to the body instead of being on top of the tail.

I'm pretty sure that's an MD-87 tanker.
Absolutely spot on! They were also using the DC-10 and had been flying on opposite ends of a circular path with their tracking planes ahead of them and when I saw it from the roof I thought it was the DC-10 as they were painted in similar colors and I didn't enlarge it before I posted it.

Someone closer to the mountain shot this video of the DC-10 making a run along that same area from the other direction

Absolutely spot on! They were also using the DC-10 and had been flying on opposite ends of a circular path with their tracking planes ahead of them and when I saw it from the roof I thought it was the DC-10 as they were painted in similar colors and I didn't enlarge it before I posted it.

Someone closer to the mountain shot this video of the DC-10 making a run along that same area from the other direction

Hope you’re staying safe TT?

Those pilots are really earning their money, that’s some manoeuvre in a plane of that size!

Your cat has the same loadout as ours. Pretty location! That view is great.
Awesome, thank you - it took over a year and three offers on property here before everything worked but it sure paid off! We can see the Cohuttas here in GA (huge wilderness area) and supposedly Rocky Top in TN. Almost can see NC but the trees block it from our place.

The bottom level (other than my office) is the official feline play area although they've unofficially made the rest of the house theirs as well. We're just their staff, afterall.

Back