Photos, let's see 'em

Been a while since you saw any of that out there huh? Reckon things are a tad chaotic on the streets...
I suspect this may be the harbinger of future doom.
Summer was equally bizarrely/insanely hot, and the town of Lytton is no more.
This amount and type of dry fluffy snow is a complete stranger here. Usually it's a lightweight dusting of sloppy crap that is gone the next day.
The main roads are kept reasonably well, but the local streets (like mine) are not. Happily I have front wheel drive.
But... as we know, there are not a lot of people here that know how to drive (AKA what NOT to do) in the snow.

I feel for you. 1st the heat, then the fires, then the floods...WTH is next, locust plagues?
Don't feel bad about the drivers out there, they can't be expected to have snow and winter skills to drive through. But 90% of the fools in Edmonton & Calgary shouldn't be on the road in the doggone summer. The 4x4 crazies are the worst; figure if they can go 140kph forward they can still turn and stop like it's July.
This morning, at -40 the darn tires feel like Lego blocks. Downtown is in the river valley (Athabasca) and the ice fog is hanging thick like smoke

My favorite snow driving moment was watching others crash! In the 80's, I was living down south, and it snowed (which was a very rare event in this local)!! My friend and I who both grew up driving in the snow were living right next to a 4 way stop intersection!!! That morning, we heard a crash and when we looked outside, we could see that the snow had prevented some hoo ha's from properly navigating the roadways and that intersection. Knowing this was going to be a show, we set up chairs right in front of the window and sat there for hours watching crashes (4) and near misses (we lost count)!!!! It was a very fun day!!!! They were all low speed crashes, so nobody got hurt as far as we could tell (no ambulances all day), but watching them yell at each other after incident, etc. was priceless!!!!! Probably could make some good money streaming that stuff these days!!!!!!

My favorite snow driving moment was watching others crash! In the 80's, I was living down south, and it snowed (which was a very rare event in this local)!! My friend and I who both grew up driving in the snow were living right next to a 4 way stop intersection!!! That morning, we heard a crash and when we looked outside, we could see that the snow had prevented some hoo ha's from properly navigating the roadways and that intersection. Knowing this was going to be a show, we set up chairs right in front of the window and sat there for hours watching crashes (4) and near misses (we lost count)!!!! It was a very fun day!!!! They were all low speed crashes, so nobody got hurt as far as we could tell (no ambulances all day), but watching them yell at each other after incident, etc. was priceless!!!!! Probably could make some good money streaming that stuff these days!!!!!!
Oh yeah... totally "Ozzy Man Reviews" worthy!

My favorite snow driving moment was watching others crash! In the 80's, I was living down south, and it snowed (which was a very rare event in this local)!
My cousin, who was my age, went to see his older brother in Texas when he was 21. While he was there, it snowed about 2" and the roads were covered. He said he was driving down a road, and saw a curve coming up ahead. He said he started to slow down and hit his brakes, and proceeded to watch all 3 cars in front of him, one by one, slide off the road because they were going faster than they should have, but apparently didn't know any better. He said that he had come to a complete stop by the time he got to the curve, and any of the others could have easily slowed down but he swears he didn't see ANY brake lights. He said that after driving in Ohio since he was 16, the hardest thing to believe is that neither the second car, nor even the third car, hit their brakes at all, despite watching the car in front of them run off the road.

Nobody was hurt, and other than one of the cars hitting another one of them, there wasn't really much damage. But he just couldn't believe it when he told the story. Like "one guys is going too fast, slides off the road, the second guy can't figure out that it's slick and he better slow down? Then the third guys sees two guys in a row do it and he can't figure it out either?"

My cousin, who was my age, went to see his older brother in Texas when he was 21. While he was there, it snowed about 2" and the roads were covered. He said he was driving down a road, and saw a curve coming up ahead. He said he started to slow down and hit his brakes, and proceeded to watch all 3 cars in front of him, one by one, slide off the road because they were going faster than they should have, but apparently didn't know any better. He said that he had come to a complete stop by the time he got to the curve, and any of the others could have easily slowed down but he swears he didn't see ANY brake lights. He said that after driving in Ohio since he was 16, the hardest thing to believe is that neither the second car, nor even the third car, hit their brakes at all, despite watching the car in front of them run off the road.

Nobody was hurt, and other than one of the cars hitting another one of them, there wasn't really much damage. But he just couldn't believe it when he told the story. Like "one guys is going too fast, slides off the road, the second guy can't figure out that it's slick and he better slow down? Then the third guys sees two guys in a row do it and he can't figure it out either?"
Everything is bigger in Texas. Especially the morons.:p:D

122897434_10223680614826326_4766643404046484618_n.jpg

Went to bed in Vancouver, and woke up in Edmonton...

Before shovel

After shovel

Same here in WA. My son has enjoyed sledding down our backyard hill all week which is pretty steep. I can’t due to the Pericarditis and vertigo. Supposed to get about and inch of rain with winds of 25-35 mph today, so our snow will be mostly gone in a day or two.

I grew up in the snow back east. Low gear and steering into the direction of any skid are your friends. Black ice, well, you’re basically just along for the slide :eek:

Same here in WA. My son has enjoyed sledding down our backyard hill all week which is pretty steep. I can’t due to the Pericarditis and vertigo. Supposed to get about and inch of rain with winds of 25-35 mph today, so our snow will be mostly gone in a day or two.

I grew up in the snow back east. Low gear and steering into the direction of any skid are your friends. Black ice, well, you’re basically just along for the slide :eek:
Yeah, this week looks to be mostly above freezing during day. Starting to melt now, thankfully.

I might break down and upgrade my iPhone 6. Here are a few photos I liked while backing it up.

I don't always take photos of food, but sometimes I'm patient enough. Best local coffee.
CK_2077BreakfastAlone.JPG

I can walk through the woods and along a river to get to the coffee shop. Occasionally one of the widow maker trees takes a shot at you.
CK_6093BigTreeFall.JPG

My wife and I picked one decoration a year for our tree. Its pretty full now. This is the last one. It is made out of wood.
CK_6021LastYearDecoration.JPG

I just like the colour in this.
CK_8941LeslieAshesComeHome.JPG

The back of our house is all windows, lots of windows. This means we always know when there is a full moon.
CK_5972FullMoonRisingOverDeck.JPG

And a few hours later...
CK_9058BackyardSunrise.JPG

and...the fun you can have when your mom's clothes fit you
CK_5989EFormalBlackWhiteAndFurAAA.JPG

Back