Photos, let's see 'em

Xk1PZkS.jpg

Would look great on a Metamucil calendar cover.

Yes Alan! Those lovely nails go great with your guitar!! Did you self apply these gems?

No, I pay a lovely young lady for her services. Just like I do every weeken...wait.

I have a medical condition called Eatsabaddiet. My nails have never been particularly sturdy, so when I started playing more fingerstyle and hybrid picking, it got really annoying that I was constantly tearing or breaking the nails (not on guitar, but just stupid stuff like banging the nail against a chair). I decided to try getting acrylic nails, and it was pretty heavily recommended to have a pro do them as opposed to the stuff in grocery stores and such. A couple years ago, I decided to do the sparkle stuff because why not. Then, at my previous appointment, the girl had some red sparkle stuff out for someone else, and I said I didn't know they did colors in the sparkle, and she pulled out a whole array of stuff. Once I saw this mix of blue and purple, I knew what my mission was.

No, I pay a lovely young lady for her services. Just like I do every weeken...wait.

I have a medical condition called Eatsabaddiet. My nails have never been particularly sturdy, so when I started playing more fingerstyle and hybrid picking, it got really annoying that I was constantly tearing or breaking the nails (not on guitar, but just stupid stuff like banging the nail against a chair). I decided to try getting acrylic nails, and it was pretty heavily recommended to have a pro do them as opposed to the stuff in grocery stores and such. A couple years ago, I decided to do the sparkle stuff because why not. Then, at my previous appointment, the girl had some red sparkle stuff out for someone else, and I said I didn't know they did colors in the sparkle, and she pulled out a whole array of stuff. Once I saw this mix of blue and purple, I knew what my mission was.
Interesting! I too suffer from Eatsabaddiet as well as Sitsonassalot (fun to say this one)!! Many people diminish the complexities of these disorders, claiming that they are matters of personal choices!!! I disagree, and if I could get off my a55, I would go and get me a brownie!!!! I have an appointment with Dr. Spaceman on Feb 30 to hear about any solutions he may be able to offer!!!!!

I will try the nails with sprinkles! Only winners get sprinkles!!

A couple more shots from recent southwest US vacation

Grand Canyon, AZ (obviously)
51634016169_0da3c3c96f_o.jpg

Grand Canyon, AZ
51632541757_16c493e498_o.jpg

Horseshoe Bend (SW of Page, AZ)
51633366151_a27fc9c13a_o.jpg

Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
51633367271_44788bcf6e_o.jpg

Zion National Park, Springdale, UT
51634224625_7922ee410e_o.jpg

Zion National Park (This is on the way to the top of "Angels Landing") Fantastic hike but not for the squeamish with chain link fall protection, dizzying heights and 1000' dropoffs.
51634026184_b59f509092_o.jpg

Last edited:
A couple more shots from recent southwest US vacation

Grand Canyon, AZ (obviously)
51634016169_0da3c3c96f_o.jpg

Grand Canyon, AZ
51632541757_16c493e498_o.jpg

Horseshoe Bend (SW of Page, AZ)
51633366151_a27fc9c13a_o.jpg

Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
51633367271_44788bcf6e_o.jpg

Zion National Park, Springdale, UT
51634224625_7922ee410e_o.jpg

Zion National Park (This is on the way to the top of "Angles Landing") Fantastic hike but not for the squeamish with chain link fall protection, dizzying heights and 1000' dropoffs.
51634026184_b59f509092_o.jpg

What a terrific trip. I've made that voyage several times and it doesn't get any better. I remember the first time we went to "Dead Horse point." I remember my buddy mumbled the name. :eek::rolleyes::oops:

Hudson%20River%20view.jpg
two%20up.jpg

Hudson River view, and how we got there. I dig riding and racing too, spent much of the last 48 years on two wheels in one form or another. Rode from home in north central AB Canada across the prairies and Ontario down to PA and NY in 2017, then back thru the northern States on the way home. NYC is a blast but same old story, wouldn't want to live there; no offense intended to any New Yorkers. Have some track photos too if anyone's interested. I'll get some guitar related pics up one day (as long as I don't need to put on a Hooter's uniform...don't want to scare anyone)

Back