Pattern neck carve that's closest to the Silver Sky's

suinkka

Hi guys,

New member of the forum here! I have decided to buy a PRS guitar, and I was looking for some advice from people that have played different models.

A little bit of background - a few months ago I managed to try a maple Silver Sky, and the moment I touched the guitar I felt in love with the neck. It's by far, the most comfortable neck I've ever tried on a guitar.

However, right now I'm looking for a humbucker guitar, so I wanted to see which "pattern" carve is closest to that on the SS. I believe the most defining thing on the SS neck is the pronounced shoulders.

Now, I did also try a single cut McCarty 594 and a Hollowbody, and even though the necks were thicker (according to the PRS website), they didn't fill my hand as much as the SS neck. I account that to the fact that the shoulders on those neck are not as pronounced.

Unfortunately, where I live, I don't have much choice in terms of PRS guitars, so I can't try the rest of the pattern necks. That's why I wanted to ask you guys, what do you think is the closest one to the SS neck.

Thanks!

or get a silver sky SE and swap out the pickups for humbuckers in single coil size. Ain't nothing wrong with a super strat.
But I think a 594 (pattern vintage) or pattern (wide/fat) is the closest when it comes to necks. Plenty of options

or get a silver sky SE and swap out the pickups for humbuckers in single coil size. Ain't nothing wrong with a super strat.
But I think a 594 (pattern vintage) or pattern (wide/fat) is the closest when it comes to necks. Plenty of options
That's actually a great idea.

Although the SE neck shape is different from the USA version. The fingerboard is flatter too on the SE.

Truth is, I prefer the neck and fingerboard of the SE.

Back