NGD Withdrawal...... had to do something about it

CVS

Not so new member
It has been over a year since my last PRS purchase. I started looking around for what I can best describe as a vintage humbucker solid body electric guitar sound. For budgetary reasons, I started looking at used SC 58's and SC 245's. l also learned a lot about the history of the SC 58 and SC 245 (my thanks to the many forum members who responded to my thread about this topic). After lots of shall we say "back and forth" thinking about this subject, one forum member "L" suggested I take a good look at the McCarty 594. So I watched demos, looked at specs and ultimately decided to pull the trigger and purchased a new 10 Top. The tones in the demos were awesome and sounded very "vintage" like to me on all 3 pickups

I will have a tone report sometime next week. After about 30 minutes of playing the guitar, I am extremely pleased and excited to play more. The guitar was really "gig" ready right out of the case.

Here are some pics
IMG_0144_zpsivcqqoot.jpg

IMG_0147_zpsnaosgyf3.jpg

DSCN4704_zpstorvivgm.jpg

Withdrawal symptoms now all gone:D

Congrats! She is stunning! Had a bit of a laugh how you went from budget shopping to brand new 10 top 594. Maybe I will go to a shop, remove the hang tag, then insist the price is written on the truss rod cover. Deal of the century!

Just beautiful. Love the trampas. This one really isn't helping the 594 GAS that is starting to build... Congrats on being symptom free!

Congrats! Great score! That second pic really shows off the great flame in that top, and the two tones of green in the Trampas Green finish.

Welcome to the club! ;)

Congrats! She is stunning! Had a bit of a laugh how you went from budget shopping to brand new 10 top 594. !

Unfortunately - Now comes the not so fun part:(. I am going to have to part with 1-2 guitars, but this guitar has the tone I have been looking for.

Most excellent.
Enjoy.

But I'm starting to feel like I might be the only one left without a 594. You all are making it hard for me to continue to believe that a pair of Les Pauls, an SC245 and an SC250 are enough.

Back