NGD Withdrawal...... had to do something about it

Congrats! She is stunning! Had a bit of a laugh how you went from budget shopping to brand new 10 top 594. Maybe I will go to a shop, remove the hang tag, then insist the price is written on the truss rod cover. Deal of the century!

This is what happened to me as well. I had never even had a chance to play a PRS of any kind. I saw an S2 in a local GC and held it for just a few seconds before someone came along and asked if they could try it out.

I started shopping for an S2 Vela, then, on reverb, saw a Brent Mason. I then came to the PRS site and started looking at a McCarty, then a Violin II. When the 594 came out in February, and I read that it was a lot like an LP, but in the PRS style, I got really interested.

Bottom line....I have a PS 594 ordered with extras. So much for budget guitar shopping!

Reactions: CVS
This is what happened to me as well. I had never even had a chance to play a PRS of any kind. I saw an S2 in a local GC and held it for just a few seconds before someone came along and asked if they could try it out.

I started shopping for an S2 Vela, then, on reverb, saw a Brent Mason. I then came to the PRS site and started looking at a McCarty, then a Violin II. When the 594 came out in February, and I read that it was a lot like an LP, but in the PRS style, I got really interested.

Bottom line....I have a PS 594 ordered with extras. So much for budget guitar shopping!
Great minds think alike!

I promised a tone report this week, but it will have to wait one more week (life got in the way;))
I can tell you that the tones are just fabulous and really are "vintage" sounding - just what I was looking for.

Ok - Preliminary tone report - My band members really like the tone of the 59. At practice I have used almost all of the different possible pick combinations depending on the song, and even the coil tap tones are usable (I did not buy the guitar for these tones - I was after the vintage humbucking tones). In any case, I have found that if I roll back the volume to about 7and introduce a slight bit of OD, the guitar sounds really awesome and really can produce vintage southern rock type tones on all 3 pick up settings.

This guitar will be a "keeper".

Ok - Preliminary tone report - My band members really like the tone of the 59. At practice I have used almost all of the different possible pick combinations depending on the song, and even the coil tap tones are usable (I did not buy the guitar for these tones - I was after the vintage humbucking tones). In any case, I have found that if I roll back the volume to about 7and introduce a slight bit of OD, the guitar sounds really awesome and really can produce vintage southern rock type tones on all 3 pick up settings.

This guitar will be a "keeper".
I was just talking with a friend tonight about dialing in tone. He showed me that on most every amp we brought up, it's fairly easy to dial in a decent tone, but requires time and patience to dial in a fantastic tone. Those sweet spots of tone can be fairly narrow. He said -- although he only demonstrated at the highest level, by switching from a tele to a Les Paul -- that whichever guitar you use changes those settings, too, so you may want to dial in your amp again.

I was just talking with a friend tonight about dialing in tone. He showed me that on most every amp we brought up, it's fairly easy to dial in a decent tone, but requires time and patience to dial in a fantastic tone. Those sweet spots of tone can be fairly narrow. He said -- although he only demonstrated at the highest level, by switching from a tele to a Les Paul -- that whichever guitar you use changes those settings, too, so you may want to dial in your amp again.
Funny you should mention this because yesterday, we had band practice and I used the 594, a HB II , and a Tele and had to do just what you mentioned - change amp settings - volume, tones, reverb....................

Congratulations! I bought my 594 last week and it's immediately the best guitar I own. All of the tones are fantastic, the neck feels great and it is beautiful.

Congratulations! I bought my 594 last week and it's immediately the best guitar I own. All of the tones are fantastic, the neck feels great and it is beautiful.
Glad you like the guitar! Just curious as to how it compares to the SC58 in your mind since I almost purchased an SC58. Will you keep your LP??

Back