NGD Santana

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
A delayed new guitar day. I wanted to review it thoroughly a few days before commenting.

Of course, we are all familiar with the Santana model. As I have been thinning out the herd of less preferred (but awesome) guitars, I decided to pull the trigger on a Santana model that’s a bit different than the ones I normally see. Previously I posted a thread, Rosewood vs maple necks and I thank everybody who participated sharing their knowledge and experiences. It helped me make an informed decision between two different Santana guitars… one with a IRW Rosewood neck/BRW fingerboard, or this one with the Maple/Ziricote combo. I am really digging the tonal response from this combination. This guitar is so alive, less dark compared to other Santanas I have played in the past yet different enough from my Westy to justify having it in my arsenal. No offense to Dave’s guitar shop but, I gotta lose that truss rod cover and replace it with a Ziricote one.

BTW. I have to blame forum member Alnus Rubra for this purchase ;) seeing photos of his absolutely stunning yellow Santana in other threads inspired me to once again look into and play this time tested, legendary, Santana model. :cool:

I think this shade of blue (Laguna) is stunning. Enjoy the photos.

7gzORGO.jpg

CZ65nZa.jpg

dASCMlg.jpg

oc4zkbw.jpg

aMvB2qm.jpg

2nv0t7u.jpg

That's hot! I've been watching this run roll through Dave's. Some stunning Santanas!
Yes they have! It was between this one and an Orange Tiger quilt with RW neck (this nicest quilt I've seen in a long time) that since has been sold. There are several others with beautiful quilts there with RW necks. I really wanted something different and I happy with the results.

Back