NGD: My first Private Stock, SSH in faded pomegranate

Patrick Montgomery

Just one more...
I’ve been eyeing this on Willcutt’s website for about a year after buying a WL SSH last summer. I have been torn, since buying a Private Stock or 2-3 core/artist/WL models is the same amount money. How can I justify one guitar for the price 2-3 guitars that I know would be killer? Well, I finally sat down with the wife and laid out why this was worth it, how much I have been wanting it, and surprisingly... she encouraged it! So off I went to Willcutt’s and got my first PS! Since it had been there for about 2 years they were able to work with me, and I couldn’t be more pleased! Shout out to the PS team and Willcutt’s for making this happen! This is a faded pomegranate SSH, one piece quilted maple top, figured mahogany back, East Indian RW neck, ebony FB, pink heart abalone inlays with MOP outlines!

2Epcbvp.jpg

RndhEk3.jpg

cOvLjhA.jpg

MRP7cXX.jpg

EePRaCK.jpg

sYI6czn.jpg

ovjWQQc.jpg

fnfzxXt.jpg

7T3vmXa.jpg

q2LLGnC.jpg

kBx6v22.jpg

qcxmmwo.jpg

I’ve been eyeing this on Willcutt’s website for about a year after buying a WL SSH last summer. I have been torn, since buying a Private Stock or 2-3 core/artist/WL models is the same amount money. How can I justify one guitar for the price 2-3 guitars that I know would be killer? Well, I finally sat down with the wife and laid out why this was worth it, how much I have been wanting it, and surprisingly... she encouraged it! So off I went to Willcutt’s and got my first PS! Since it had been there for about 2 years they were able to work with me, and I couldn’t be more pleased! Shout out to the PS team and Willcutt’s for making this happen! This is a faded pomegranate SSH, one piece quilted maple top, figured mahogany back, East Indian RW neck, ebony FB, pink heart abalone inlays with MOP outlines!

2Epcbvp.jpg

RndhEk3.jpg

cOvLjhA.jpg

MRP7cXX.jpg

EePRaCK.jpg

sYI6czn.jpg

ovjWQQc.jpg

fnfzxXt.jpg

7T3vmXa.jpg

q2LLGnC.jpg

kBx6v22.jpg

qcxmmwo.jpg
I’m new to PRS! That’s beautiful!!!! What is it? And do they build other guitars in this color?

So awesome that you got a PS, and even more so that your wife is on board with it. Seems the wives of PRS players are just one more indicator of the good taste we have! I’ve reconciled myself to not ever having a Private Stock in my collection, but I get a little vicarious happiness every time I see someone else do it. Congratulations!

So awesome that you got a PS, and even more so that your wife is on board with it. Seems the wives of PRS players are just one more indicator of the good taste we have! I’ve reconciled myself to not ever having a Private Stock in my collection, but I get a little vicarious happiness every time I see someone else do it. Congratulations!
So true! It also doesn’t hurt that she’s a fellow musician and plays in a band with me, so she can probably see where I’m coming from more than most wives. Lucky me I guess!

Back