NGD First Core CU24

May, I bought a SE Clint Lowery, liked it so much I stop playing my other guitars. June, I bought a S2 Standard 22, and really liked that one a lot. GAS kept going though, so I decided this month to trade my Tele for this Custom. I wonder what August will lead to...

BEAUTIFUL GUITAR!! So refined on so many levels. AND . . . now you have the trifecta - an SE. an S2 and a core line!! (Maybe August will bring a private stock...)

Wow! That is a beautiful guitar and I really like the toggle switches. That's a great way to do it! I don't really care for the rotary pickup selector on my Custom 22, but I don't like the 3-way/pull pot option either, so I've just stuck with the 5-way rotary. The 2 toggle switches I like! I may mod mine that way.

I also made the switch from an SE to a core model. I had always wanted a PRS, but just couldn't afford one several years ago. When they came out with the SE line I bought a Custom 24. It was ok. A bit later, I played my friend's Custom 22 (which I bought about 2 years later). I immediately got rid of the SE. It was no comparison. The SE had the PRS body shape, headstock, scale length, etc., but for me it was not a real PRS. To me, the magic of the core line is what I like about a PRS.

Thanks again gents. Gave it a good work out today, and intend to do some more in the days ahead. Sounds great, stays in tune well too. Nothing about it I don't like. The bridge volume pot is too loose for my liking, but that's about it I think.

I will say though. my S2 Standard 22 holds its own sonically. Not that same, but it certainly doesn't embarrass itself against this Custom24.

Nice score! I saw this on Reverb and almost bought it!

Ha! Glad you didn't. I think his pictures didn't help the sale, because his price was pretty good I thought. Doing the trade though was awesome, this way I didn't have to sell mine, lose PP fees, etc. Couldn't have worked out better for both of us.

Back