Double NGD: Paul's Brushstroke 24 and original run Tremonti

Utkarsh

Ministry of guitar
Friends,
Judge me not but here I have gone and done it again.
In my defense it was a bundle deal and both have been on the wishlist for years, but nonetheless two very serious guitars in one single day

Exhibit 1 is the limited 200 piece only Paul's Brushstroke 24. The marriage between a Paul's guitar and a Custom 24, this came to the top of my list of must haves around the time I fell in love with the narrow 408 pickups clean tones (the neck is the perfect chimy humbucker which somehow manages a sweet top end and probably the only neck humbucker that has the articulation enough to fingerpick with,) with my first year Paul's guitar and Private Stock Signature Limited, as well as 24 frets, thanks to extensively using the Cu24 piezo for band practice.

This is the only factory run with 24 frets and Paul's 408 pickups (and the only guitar featuring a brushstroke owl ). But being a 200 piece run from 2014, they are incredibly difficult to find. Felt pretty unreal to find one locally, that too advertised as a Paul's guitar which it was not.

Highlights, beyond the specs and the special birds, are of course that top. I don't know if that's what's called a dirty top but it is beyond incredible in the shelf. I feel like this is Private Stock grade these days, with ease.

I'm not an expert on PRS greens. Perhaps someone can tell me what colour it is

TE4dihm.jpeg

JdAg0Ci.jpeg

XmcrYsB.jpeg

WLyJpED.jpeg

Exhibit 2 is the legendary, original run Tremonti. This one is from 2003. What differentiates it from future (i.e. todays) Tremonti's is the neck , this has a good old wide fat, perfect for the Les Paul player (like I used to be), and a hardtail. Of course what makes it iconic is that 12th fret Tremonti logo and this is the guitar featured on Creed's hits like My Sacrifice and One Last Breath (the music video actually begins with this guitar).
While I am not a Creed fan boy, I love Tremonti's and this guitar just spoke to me. Maybe it was the girthy Les Paul like feel. Maybe it was the relief of finally having a fat neck on a model I love, except for the neck (That doesn't stop me from owning two other Tremontis, the Baritone and a regular).

And the condition was great. Other than the multiple finger marks that I need to get round to cleaning sometime. Frets almost as good as new. No scratches beyond micro-scratches what would be well acceptable for a 20 year old black guitar.

qlSKibF.jpeg

oY0Vg1r.jpeg

Here's a shot of the two of them together. Anyway please feel free to chastise me now

AsYhH3q.jpeg

Wow, those Brushstroke 24's are pretty unique in their combination of features--nothing else quite like 'em in the PRS lineup. (408-style bass pickups with 24-frets and a trem? Crazy!)

Also, re: the Tremonti--also note that non-"squabbin" uncovered bridge pickup. Today's Tremonti models have the more modern-looking square bobbin and the newer knobs, too. Very cool to have an original-run version!

Friends,
Judge me not but here I have gone and done it again.
In my defense it was a bundle deal and both have been on the wishlist for years, but nonetheless two very serious guitars in one single day

Exhibit 1 is the limited 200 piece only Paul's Brushstroke 24. The marriage between a Paul's guitar and a Custom 24, this came to the top of my list of must haves around the time I fell in love with the narrow 408 pickups clean tones (the neck is the perfect chimy humbucker which somehow manages a sweet top end and probably the only neck humbucker that has the articulation enough to fingerpick with,) with my first year Paul's guitar and Private Stock Signature Limited, as well as 24 frets, thanks to extensively using the Cu24 piezo for band practice.

This is the only factory run with 24 frets and Paul's 408 pickups (and the only guitar featuring a brushstroke owl ). But being a 200 piece run from 2014, they are incredibly difficult to find. Felt pretty unreal to find one locally, that too advertised as a Paul's guitar which it was not.

Highlights, beyond the specs and the special birds, are of course that top. I don't know if that's what's called a dirty top but it is beyond incredible in the shelf. I feel like this is Private Stock grade these days, with ease.

I'm not an expert on PRS greens. Perhaps someone can tell me what colour it is

TE4dihm.jpeg

JdAg0Ci.jpeg

XmcrYsB.jpeg

WLyJpED.jpeg

Exhibit 2 is the legendary, original run Tremonti. This one is from 2003. What differentiates it from future (i.e. todays) Tremonti's is the neck , this has a good old wide fat, perfect for the Les Paul player (like I used to be), and a hardtail. Of course what makes it iconic is that 12th fret Tremonti logo and this is the guitar featured on Creed's hits like My Sacrifice and One Last Breath (the music video actually begins with this guitar).
While I am not a Creed fan boy, I love Tremonti's and this guitar just spoke to me. Maybe it was the girthy Les Paul like feel. Maybe it was the relief of finally having a fat neck on a model I love, except for the neck (That doesn't stop me from owning two other Tremontis, the Baritone and a regular).

And the condition was great. Other than the multiple finger marks that I need to get round to cleaning sometime. Frets almost as good as new. No scratches beyond micro-scratches what would be well acceptable for a 20 year old black guitar.

qlSKibF.jpeg

oY0Vg1r.jpeg

Here's a shot of the two of them together. Anyway please feel free to chastise me now

AsYhH3q.jpeg
Cool. Congrats!

The one on the right is just hot! The one on the left I remember - if that is the one. I thought at the time it was a LP and not a fan of creed. Thought it was a shame to use a LP that way. I had no idea there was such a thing as PRS. Learnt to appreciate tremonti/alter bridge later.

Back