And Now For Something Completely Different...

Oh, absolutely. It would be fun to go to music store with him. I like the videos when he’s gone with a couple of YouTube guys to pick out Guitars.
That Day At The Guitar Store With Tim Pierce...

[Tim to Salesperson] "Let me try that one, can we plug it into this amp?"

[Salesperson] "Anything you want, Tim."

[Tim performs a few astounding licks]

[Offers guitar to Laz] "Want to try it? Great guitar."

[Laz] "Um...well...that's OK, Tim, my...uh...hand got smashed in a car door and...uh...yeah, I'm having a little trouble playing just now..."

[Tim] "Gee, I had no idea, your hand looks so normal."

[Laz] "Hand makeup."

Last edited:
That Day At The Guitar Store With Tim Pierce...

[Tim to Salesperson] "Let me try that one, can we plug it into this amp?"

[Salesperson] "Anything you want, Tim."

[Tim performs a few astounding licks]

[Offers guitar to Laz] "Want to try it? Great guitar."

[Laz] "Um...well...that's OK, Tim, my...uh...hand got smashed in a car door and...uh...yeah, I'm having a little trouble playing just now..."

[Tim] "Gee, I had no idea, your hand looks so normal."

[Laz] "Hand makeup."
Now that's funny !!! I'm sure Tim would love to hear my same 3 lead licks, over and over and over............ and over

(me). sorry Tim I suck

(Tim) I'm a real nice person but I have to say......

(me) I suck?

(Tim) you said it not me

(me). Ugh....

(Tim) please don't tell anyone you signed up for my Masterclass...

(me). ok.... Ugh

Now that's funny !!! I'm sure Tim would love to hear my same 3 lead licks, over and over and over............ and over

(me). sorry Tim I suck

(me) I suck?

(Tim) you said it not me

(me). Ugh....

(me). ok.... Ugh
In the late '90s I did some session work in Paris for some commercials. I was also the writer and producer, so I hired myself to play bass and keys, and also hired one of the U.K.'s best session drummers and one of the greatest session guitar players.

As we were running through the pieces live, I said to them, "Guys, what can I do to improve this track?"

I noticed them kind of glancing over at one another.

So I said, "Hire a bass player?"

They about fell over laughing. I laughed too.

But I remained the bass player on the sessions anyway. Because I was the guy spending the money. And the pieces were only 30 second ads. When a track goes by in 30 seconds under an announcer, with picture, there isn't gonna be much to the bass part.

The moral of the story: Never ask if you suck! People will freaking tell you the truth!! ;)

Last edited:

(me). sorry Tim I suck

(me) I suck?

(Tim) you said it not me

(me). Ugh....

(me). ok.... Ugh
I've considered trying his master class.

I'm thinking if I pay for it I might force myself to actually learn something new...

In the late '90s I did some session work in Paris for some commercials. I was also the writer and producer, so I hired myself to play bass and keys, and also hired one of the U.K.'s best session drummers and one of the greatest session guitar players.

As we were running through the pieces live, I said to them, "Guys, what can I do to improve this track?"

I noticed them kind of glancing over at one another.

So I said, "Hire a bass player?"

They about fell over laughing. I laughed too.

But I remained the bass player on the sessions anyway. Because I was the guy spending the money. And the pieces were only 30 second ads. When a track goes by in 30 seconds under an announcer, with picture, there isn't gonna be much to the bass part.

Never ask if you suck! People will freaking tell you the truth!! ;)
WOW. Great story LMAO Oh believe me I've learned not to ask anymore.

My favorite is when I play an original recorded songs whether it was my solo work or when I was with a band call Paralax I was with..... they would always blurt comments...... " oh you sound like ... so and so". "Oh that's how Deep Purple would have played it if they wrote it".... or some other band... WTF. just listen to the song LMAO When I see a friends' painting or drawing I don't say... hey that looks like Bob Ross or some other famous painters work ;):p

Back