NGD: Beater 2005 Modern Eagle 1

Nick Gardiner

This has been in a shop near me for a while. Had played it a few times and was in awe, really one of the best I had played but not such an amazing top and very very very worn! Belonged to the guitars of a famous Japanese singer and was obviously well used! But is was always well over priced.

Anyway, I popped in and it was reduced along with all their PRS stock. Still not dirt cheap but enough to make me consider it. One play and I was sold. Have had 3 of these before and always let them go as I prefer 24 fret Customs and Les Pauls for 22 fret twin hum buckers. Rosewood neck always felt a little harsh to me., not as warm. The tremolo seems to give it a bit more resonance. This one really responds to a delicate touch.

Anway, take a look, lots of natural wear and tear, the finish is through to the wood in places. Love the feel as I really like old vintage guitars. Not my favourite color or top but such a wonderful guitar to play. Gorgeous neck and inlays! Frets in great condition as obviously well maintained by a pro with very light even wear.

Anybody seen a ME1 played like this???

DSCF1007_zpszldd08hz.jpg

DSCF1054_zpsrrppwjt5.jpg

DSCF1013_zpsyooglu02.jpg
DSCF1048_zpsrz6ttzae.jpg

DSCF1060_zpsdmyum83t.jpg

I love it! I can play it without worrying about getting a scratch on it! ME1s when new were very susceptible to the slightest scratch!

Just think, you don't have to fret about that first scratch or nick on a new guitar. Congrats and enjoy!

I know. I remember having a brand new one in 2005... Scared to death with that matte finish.

This thing really rings! I sold the older ones as I always liked LPs better but this is special. All the shop staff really liked it too.

........plus, if you decide to do a refinish somewhere down the line you have a lot of options.
Nice grab.

That natural wear & tear and patina are fabulous...not an overpriced poser.

And another example that the best looking guitars are quite often not the best playing / sounding guitars...

Congrats and enjoy that mojo machine!

Back