NGD: Beater 2005 Modern Eagle 1

Really great guitars get played. Forget about the closet queens. A lot of the time they weren`t worth playing. You bought a very musical instrument. Make it sing.

Amazing! I like it more because it's "real wear". The new fad which seems to be artificial relic'ing.

You say it's special because it has great tone, but it shows some wear.

I say it has great tone BECAUSE it shows some wear.

Some people believe that the more a guitar gets played the better it sounds. That has been my experience. Looks like yours fits that description too. Congrats!

Thanks for all the nice comments.

It certainly has the tone. I sold my older ones as I preferred Les Pauls for 22 fret twin humbuckers as I really like independant volume controls (Need to play a 594!) Also scared to death of scratching such a delicate finish. I also do prefer the ME trem. Gives it a bit more ring.

I also have no problem swapping pickups on this thing either. Interesting that when these came out everyone praised the pickups but these days most people complain about them and swap them out. They seem to suit this guitar but I wouldn't mind trying something more vintage sounding. It feels fantastic anyway, very natural wear, much better than a Murphy Aged Les Paul!

Back