New member inquiring about a limited run 10 top custom 22.

leftybill

Hello, I just learned of this forum via a post on the gear page. I am about to look at the above model, which appears to have been made in 2011. The serial no. is 11 177---.
I am really not familiar with the PRS line, or the changes in recent years. One time, I played an older custom 22, which had the wide thin neck. Could anyone tell me more about the 2011 limited run custom 22 series?
What neck contour, pickups, and pros and cons would you mention? Is there a ballpark price range that these would sell at?
Thanks in advance.
Leftybill:hello:

Hi Bill,
Any chance you can get the MODCAT code for the guitar? PRS has made a lot of limited runs over the years. I'm not sure which limited run this could be. Do you have any photos of the guitar?

Hi Bill,
Any chance you can get the MODCAT code for the guitar? PRS has made a lot of limited runs over the years. I'm not sure which limited run this could be. Do you have any photos of the guitar?
I may be able to get a picture after I see it first hand. Would PRS have that code if I called with the serial number?

I'm not sure. You can call Matt King at PRS Customer Service and ask. He's helped me a few times in the past. Helpful dude.

I'm not sure. You can call Matt King at PRS Customer Service and ask. He's helped me a few times in the past. Helpful dude.
Here is his reply:
Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. This appears to be a 2011 Custom 22 Lefty, figured maple 10 top, mahogany neck with a pattern carve, East Indian rosewood fretboard, Black Gold finish with 59/09 pickups. This was part of a limited lefty run we did in 2011.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars.

Matt King

Man do these guitars lose value on the used market. The last one sold for $1700. Any idea why?

Back