Need some opinions pls and thx

My next band name: "Lester and the Imaginary"

I always wanted to be Malcolm, not Angus. Malcolm was cooler and played the riffs. For me, Malcolm was better.

Malcom's tone was pretty unique and his parts contributed substantially to AC/DC's iconic sound. After I realized it was Malcom playing the parts I was drawn to I always wondered why he wasn't more revered. I guess it's hard for tone and riffs to not be overshadowed by a snappy outfit.

Lola nailed it DTR, I may never live long enough to develop that kind of tonal control and finesse. So I just do what I do da bess I are.
Richard Prior sort of summed up my playing/shredding abilities with one of his stage performances (although he certainly wasn't speaking about a guitarist):
"could make a preacher cry on Sunday morning Christmas Day"
I really would do better sticking to rhythm and acoustic stuff and leave the wild and crazy experimental(?) things to the likes of Steve Vai, but we all have our cross to bear haha.
:D:eek::oops:

Pls don’t think me egotistical but I always wanted to front and centre with my playing. I want to be comfortable enough in my own skin to go out and do it consistently. That is why I started busking downtown Toronto last summer. This summer I can busk at the beach. No bylaws prohibiting me from doing so. The more I play publicly the more confidence I will gain.

When I saw ppl moving and grooving to some of my playing and the smiles on ppls faces was priceless. For me personally life doesn’t get any better then this.

Lola, there's busking and then there's busking that needs to be em, well, censored. I've heard some very good impromptu street performers and always drop something in for their efforts. But there are others I can't get away from and out of audible range soon enough. Most players know if their strains are worthy of public display, but some obviously don't. And I don't mean that folks shouldn't get out there and take one on the chin, that's part of the process of learning to play in public.
I'm fussy about my playing and know/understand my limits so I don't put anything out there that I'm not comfortable with or debatable in terms of quality listening. And yes, we all have our own particular way of doing things, that's why music is personal and unique to each of us. But there is such a thing as not bringing a stale sandwich to a banquet table.

Back