NBBD - New Brown Box Day!

New rings and strings in place. Played with the switch a bit and seems better now. I am really liking the tones on this guitar.

qKqdNyY.jpg

Rock! The SE245 is seriously good stuff and a great platform for “being an owner”. ;)

Get the switch thing sorted, adjust the pickup height, and go play some Kansas or Foreigner! Suddenly I want to go play Juke Box Hero. :cool:

Rock! The SE245 is seriously good stuff and a great platform for “being an owner”. ;)

Get the switch thing sorted, adjust the pickup height, and go play some Kansas or Foreigner! Suddenly I want to go play Juke Box Hero. :cool:
Just waiting for the computer to finish updates to load the tones into the Katana. :D it's been sitting on 26% for the last 2 hrs:oops:

Finally got a 3 way switch that works. Went with a factory switch. Much quieter switching, no more issues. The one thing that had me a bit befuddled, was that if the neck p/u volume is all the way down, neither pickup works in the middle position, even if the bridge volume is rolled all the way up. Once I roll up to one or so (on the neck), both pickups will ring through. Awesome guitar overall though.

Glad you're getting it all sorted out dude!

Oh great! now I want a 245 to tinker with....:confused:...no...must...resist... Koolaid... soo strong...help...o_O

Finally got a 3 way switch that works. Went with a factory switch. Much quieter switching, no more issues. The one thing that had me a bit befuddled, was that if the neck p/u volume is all the way down, neither pickup works in the middle position, even if the bridge volume is rolled all the way up. Once I roll up to one or so (on the neck), both pickups will ring through. Awesome guitar overall though.

Yeah, it’s wired that way deliberately. It’s pretty useful when playing with others. I had guitars that would be muted if either of the volume controls were turned all the way to 0 regardless of the of the 3-way toggle position. So for instance, I could be in the bridge position and mute the guitar by turning the neck pickup volume all the way to 0.

That is some weird wiring pauloqs. If the selector switch is in the bridge position, the neck pup and volume pot should be out of the circuit. :confused:

I don’t know how it was done. Back when I had the guitar, I was just beginning and didn’t understand much. It don’t have the guitar anymore to check the wiring. I too find it weird how that was accomplished.

Back