NGD

So you like Starlas. 2 cores (if I'm correct) in interesting colours. Nice!

I just got the boring brown one. :p
I love the Starla. And I loved it so much when the bright blue became available I grabbed it for modding. I’m swapping out the pickups on one. Keeping the other with the awesome stock pickups.

Both are getting full bigsby upgrades and Mann Made locking tuners (the light blue one is done in the pic).

Well, the day got away from me today. I did get the bigsby and locking tuner upgrade done on one of my new Starlas, but didn’t get pics while the sun was out and the light was good. I’ll try tomorrow.
What exactly did you do to your Bigsby?
I recently did some upgrades to mine. You can read about it here

My man! A select few of us know the true power of blue guitars. The studio is a helluva player that doesn’t sound like any other guitar I’ve ever heard. I have the same one, same color.
The power of blue! I played a blue '02 CU22 for a long time.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate what this does for the guitar?
The combination of the roller bridge and locking tuners increases tuning stability. The spring improves the feel and responsiveness of the tremolo, the tremolo arm bracket allows for full rotation of the tremolo arm for more comfortable positions, the string shaft allows for MUCH easier restringing, and the roller replacement claims:

“Callaham's upgrade kits provides a solid, stainless steel front roller and axle that will greatly widen the frequency response and sustain. The roller is polished to a mirror finish and is grooved to maintain string alignment. “

I’m not sure it does all that, but it is a lovely feeling piece of hardware and I figured I’d toss it in while doing all the other upgrades.

Back