MT 15

How do you feel about running the MT-15 thru a EVH 5150 III 2x12 cab. No problem with the head driving the cab. I have an opportunity to buy the cab but have no experience with the cab. Any input would be appreciated.

To go with my EVH lunchbox, I have the matching cab. And bro, it sounds absolutely fantastic through the EVH cabinet. I'm far from being a pro, but to my ear, the EVH cab pushes through more of the mid's than my 6505 cab. They both sound great; but if it were a live format, I would use the EVH cab, because I feel like it would push through the mix better.

That EVH cab is great brother, do not hesitate.

Hey RG.....picked up the EVH 5150 III and you are correct at how good it is. We were just amazed. If the MT-15 matching cabinet sounds this good we will be very happy. So anyway, Thanks.

Got the MT-15 from Sam Ash but when is the PRS Mark Tremonti 60-watt 1x12" Cabinet being released?

I have an existing pre-order with Sam Ash but have added my name to the list at Sweetwater in case they get a bunch in first.

I have an existing pre-order with Sam Ash but have added my name to the list at Sweetwater in case they get a bunch in first.

I emailed PRS about it around a month-2 months ago and they said that the 2018 cabs should be arriving from China to the factory mid August. So after they’re checked they’ll ship out to retailers. I’m thinking this week maybe next depending on how far you are from the Maryland factory. I’d imagine sweetwater is pretty top priority to get them there. Not much longer...
Cheers!
-Cal-

If I didn’t have an Archon, I’d be all over the MT15. Wish it was around 10 years ago! LOL. If you want a high gain beast and don’t have one, get one of these! But right now, since I have the Archon, I’m more interested in the Sonzera.

Got the MT-15 from Sam Ash but when is the PRS Mark Tremonti 60-watt 1x12" Cabinet being released?

Here is what I got when I asked the question.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars. All of the outstanding orders for the MT Cabs should be at our retailers by the beginning of October.

Thank you for your continued support of PRS Guitars.

Shawn Nuthall
PRS Guitars
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666
Customer and Technical Support Mgr.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for contacting PRS Guitars. All of the outstanding orders for the MT Cabs should be at our retailers by the beginning of October.

Shawn Nuthall
PRS Guitars
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666
Who is this Shawn guy and how do we give him a high five? :cool:

Hi Patrick,

Shawn Nuthall
PRS Guitars
380 Log Canoe Circle
Stevensville, MD 21666

Do NOT trust that Shawn guy^^^

Finally pulled the trigger on the MT-15 from Sweetwater this morning! I have never looked forward to October more than I have now.
Ditto & #metoo :eek:

Hey Guys.....I’m new here & this is my 1st post. I’ve been around the block a few times & am a huge guitar nerd, Tremonti Fan & Shredder Wannabe!!!

I placed my order for the MT15 & could not be more eXcited!!! I plan on running it w/ a Fractal Audio Systems FX8 or my analog pedal board.

I’m going to test it out & do some demos with my Friedman 2x12 (Runt 50) Cabinet & my Friedman HBE 4x12 Cabinet & even my tiny green Legacy-3 2x12 Cabinet.

I’ve bought 3 different 50-Watt amp heads in the past year or so & love them all.....but a low wattt MT15 is really what I need.

Side note: I own the Waves PRS Supermodels plug-in & can’t get over the Archon model. Mark says that his Gain channel is based on the Archon & I can’t wait to test it out in early October.

For now......I’ll just live through you guys & tackle this massive thread!!!!

I just wanted to say “Hey, whatzzz-up”, before I go back to lurking here!!! :D

Peace! X-Mann

Hi X-Mann
Hey, hey.....

So, I did a little more reading on this thread & got to a post about the decibels of this amp in relationship to the volume knob.

I’ve been in a VERY LOUD band (aka LOUD Drummer) called Paranormal Sister & I’ve used a 50-Watt Friedman Runt & a Mesa TC-50 that became my go to amp. We play Rock cover like AIC’s “Mann in the Box”, STP & Volbeat.....

I was setting up my FX8 song based presets at home at around 108db & when I got to the gig, the sound guy needed (aka wanted) less volume to control the mains more mix wise. Having said this, it sounds like the MT15 is an amp that can be played out in bar band settings with ease.

Again, this would be mic’d Up w/ a SM57 & played through a 2x12 90% of the time.

The Fractal FX8 gives you all your FX like Flange, Phaser & Delay.....& can handle boost, volume & wah too.

I have no doubt that I’ll become a PRS amps guy as soon as the MT15 arrives.....

But for now.....I play the waiting game!!! :(

X

Ditto & #metoo :eek:

Hey Guys.....I’m new here & this is my 1st post. I’ve been around the block a few times & am a huge guitar nerd, Tremonti Fan & Shredder Wannabe!!!

I placed my order for the MT15 & could not be more eXcited!!! I plan on running it w/ a Fractal Audio Systems FX8 or my analog pedal board.

I’m going to test it out & do some demos with my Friedman 2x12 (Runt 50) Cabinet & my Friedman HBE 4x12 Cabinet & even my tiny green Legacy-3 2x12 Cabinet.

I’ve bought 3 different 50-Watt amp heads in the past year or so & love them all.....but a low wattt MT15 is really what I need.

Side note: I own the Waves PRS Supermodels plug-in & can’t get over the Archon model. Mark says that his Gain channel is based on the Archon & I can’t wait to test it out in early October.

For now......I’ll just live through you guys & tackle this massive thread!!!!

I just wanted to say “Hey, whatzzz-up”, before I go back to lurking here!!! :D

Peace! X-Mann

Who are you, and what are you doing here? :D

So one friendly warning: Don't get an MT15 thinking it's a tame version (wattage wise) of your 50 watt heads. By all accounts, this thing rips and not just with gain. I'm sure you've seen many reviews. Just note how many of them said something like "there is no way this thing only has 15 watts!"

Welcome to the PRS forum, X!

Who are you, and what are you doing here? :D

So one friendly warning: Don't get an MT15 thinking it's a tame version (wattage wise) of your 50 watt heads. By all accounts, this thing rips and not just with gain. I'm sure you've seen many reviews. Just note how many of them said something like "there is no way this thing only has 15 watts!"

Welcome to the PRS forum, X!
Lol....

Yes, I’m well aware of the loud volumes that this little 15-watt amp will produce.

That was point in the previous post.

My Carvin Legacy-2 is switchable from 100 to 50 to 15 & with the exception of clean head-room, there’s almost no different in volume.

I like the MT15 for its size, weight, Archon Dirty & Fender Twin clean features.....That & the fact that I’m a huge Tremonti fan!!!!

It takes a lot to get a 50 Watt amps power tubes cooking for power amp distortion. I’m hoping that I’ll get the exact same volume as I used in 50-Watt amps, but with more power tube distortion. I’m actually just hoping that the drive channel is voiced like the Archon plug-in model I fell in love with.

I like Tremonti’s tone & playing.....& he said that he used the prototype of the MT15 amp to record “The Last Hero” album. If any of the tones on that album are this amp, I’ll be super happy.

X

Last edited:
Back