MT 15

Well I need to buy a Cabinet for the MT-15 head. My son Needs something until the matching cab is out. Can you suggest a good cab in the 300 range. At the end of the day I don't mind having two cabs. Thanks.

I’m using the Egnator rebel 1 x 12 with my MT15 and it is thunderous. Highly recommend and under $300.

I'm in the market for a small amp but I'm really hung up on the China thing.

I’m a USA PRS guy, too. It’s not for jingoistic reasons, I just think the best stuff PRS makes is made in their Maryland factory, and I’m willing to pay for it.

No disrespect to any of the other places where products are made, there’s just something special about what comes out of that Maryland shop.

I’m a USA PRS guy, too. It’s not for jingoistic reasons, I just think the best stuff PRS makes is made in their Maryland factory, and I’m willing to pay for it.

No disrespect to any of the other places where products are made, there’s just something special about what comes out of that Maryland shop.

Roger that. I'm keeping the two "top of the line" PRS amps I have, but... this weekend I did go out and acquire another one of those little M/B 25 watt amps made in California. :0

Which one?

Well, I was trying to be discrete about it because the PRS forum police don't seem to like it when you mention the name of any other amps but the new amp is a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier "Rect-O-Verb 25" 1x12 combo. This little guy doesn't sound anything like the MT15 (my PRS Archon does that) but it joins my other Mesa amps, the Mark Five:25 and the JP2C. I like to rotate through the different amps periodically for variety. I believe my PRS Dallas 4x10 combo is next up in the rotation for me to play.

Well, I was trying to be discrete about it because the PRS forum police don't seem to like it when you mention the name of any other amps but the new amp is a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier "Rect-O-Verb 25" 1x12 combo. This little guy doesn't sound anything like the MT15 (my PRS Archon does that) but it joins my other Mesa amps, the Mark Five:25 and the JP2C. I like to rotate through the different amps periodically for variety. I believe my PRS Dallas 4x10 combo is next up in the rotation for me to play.

Nice! I have a Lone Star 100, though my PRS amps are what I mostly use. I’ve nearly always had one or more Mesas in my studio. They make really fine amps!

The most important reason I got the LS was that my son was touring with one, and sometimes cuts tracks here when he visits. I liked it, but wasn’t crazy about it at first. Then I re-tubed it with NOS GEs. Brought the amp to life!

Nice purchase. The ROV combo has some killer sounds in it.

It sure looks like the MT15 could be a fun amp but thankfully not even remotely my style. Of course that didn't prevent me from buying an Archon so we'll see what happens here.

Nice purchase. The ROV combo has some killer sounds in it.

It sure looks like the MT15 could be a fun amp but thankfully not even remotely my style. Of course that didn't prevent me from buying an Archon so we'll see what happens here.

You did just fine buying an Archon. With one of those, you are not going to be missing anything by not haivng an MT15 imho because the Archon has more capabilities. The MT15 is cut from the same cloth as the Archon but I think the big brother can get more done.

Another thing, so many reports that half power is 7 watts. However the manual says it's 8 watts.
Not a big deal, just an observation I thought I'd point out.

I finally got my MT 15 a couple of weeks ago and am suitably impressed with it.
I have a Line 6 HX Effects unit running thru the effects loop & it all sounds great.
One question though- every now and then out of the blue the amp makes a single loud "POP" noise.
It occurs when everything is on, guitar is plugged in, but not being played.
Any ideas about that???
Thanks

I got my MT15 about a month ago, and if there is a big brother version that comes out, I will be all over that.
I've been a fan of EVH's since they started making them. This is replacing my lunch box EVH. I absolutely love everything about this little monster. If it were US made, I do not even want to think about how much it would cost; but I'd still get it.

You could gig with this thing. A small room, no problem. A small to mid-size room, PA your cab and you're golden.

My only issue is that I'm trying to decide on a 2x12 cab of it's own. Right now, it's plugged into a 6505. And I've ordered a custom M/B 2x12, that'll take two or three months to arrive.

So I'm trying to decide between the DG 2x12 or the 150watt Stealth 2x12. (I started a post on that very question).

At any rate, if you are at all on the fence about getting one of these things, and you're looking for an amp that can do most things, you could not go wrong with this thing.

The MT15 is incredible. Love. This. Thing!!! Pairs extremely well with my Mesa cab 1X12. The tone rocks. More than enough power for a live band, mid range and small venues. The price is ridiculous for what you get. More than glad I made the change and leap.

I finally got my MT 15 a couple of weeks ago and am suitably impressed with it.
I have a Line 6 HX Effects unit running thru the effects loop & it all sounds great.
One question though- every now and then out of the blue the amp makes a single loud "POP" noise.
It occurs when everything is on, guitar is plugged in, but not being played.
Any ideas about that???
Thanks

Hi, I had a pop due to running a Strymon effect on true bypass in the loop. Switching to buffered mode fixed the pop issue.

Is there a foot switch for the MT15 with an LED to indicate clean/lead? (Or a mod to the supplied foot switch)

Maybe they didn’t feel the need for an LED on the footswitch since the amp itself is the indicator?
Right! I play in groups where the amp is under a keyboard and another off stage, so it would be helpful if I had an led on the pedal.

I got my MT15 about a month ago, and if there is a big brother version that comes out, I will be all over that.
I've been a fan of EVH's since they started making them. This is replacing my lunch box EVH. I absolutely love everything about this little monster. If it were US made, I do not even want to think about how much it would cost; but I'd still get it.

You could gig with this thing. A small room, no problem. A small to mid-size room, PA your cab and you're golden.

My only issue is that I'm trying to decide on a 2x12 cab of it's own. Right now, it's plugged into a 6505. And I've ordered a custom M/B 2x12, that'll take two or three months to arrive.

So I'm trying to decide between the DG 2x12 or the 150watt Stealth 2x12. (I started a post on that very question).

At any rate, if you are at all on the fence about getting one of these things, and you're looking for an amp that can do most things, you could not go wrong with this thing.

How do you feel about running the MT-15 thru a EVH 5150 III 2x12 cab. No problem with the head driving the cab. I have an opportunity to buy the cab but have no experience with the cab. Any input would be appreciated.

Back