McCarty Pickup cavity markings

Not necessary backwards and defo not OoP. My 35th anniversary has neck pickup with screw inwards too. I have seen other PRS guitars done that way. It's not gonna be out of phase as long as either hot and ground are not reversed or the magnet flipped. Turning pickups 180 degrees alone won't flip the phase.

The wire is in the corner I’d expect it to be…. Lower rear…

The wire is in the corner I’d expect it to be…. Lower rear…

It's rotated from "normal" but people do it to alter the tone. Easy experiment and keep it how it sounds best to you.

(But hey, turn that neck pickup around--it's backwards. Does the middle position sound out-of-phase and weak? That might be why.)

Lol I’ll fix the pickup.

Not necessary backwards and defo not OoP. My 35th anniversary has neck pickup with screw inwards too. I have seen other PRS guitars done that way. It's not gonna be out of phase as long as either hot and ground are not reversed or the magnet flipped. Turning pickups 180 degrees alone won't flip the phase.

It's rotated from "normal" but people do it to alter the tone. Easy experiment and keep it how it sounds best to you.

Okay, so in the interest of not going down as another internet moron, I will go on record here and state that I was wrong--it has been stated here and in many other places that simply rotating the pickup around will NOT cause it to go out-of-phase. So, sorry timgman... you do not "need" to rotate that pickup back to "normal." (Unless, of course, the look or sound of it bother you, then feel free to modify it as you wish.)

Okay, so in the interest of not going down as another internet moron, I will go on record here and state that I was wrong--it has been stated here and in many other places that simply rotating the pickup around will NOT cause it to go out-of-phase. So, sorry timgman... you do not "need" to rotate that pickup back to "normal." (Unless, of course, the look or sound of it bother you, then feel free to modify it as you wish.)

Don't worry about that ;) this has been repeated as fact for decades as Gibson Greenie had neck flipped and was out of phase. The thing is its magnet was also flipped after a service job to that particular pickup which is now well documented.

For the record - I have rotated pickup in my 35th Anniversary to screw coils outside and I had no major audible difference. I have also seen other 35th's as well as 24-08's with normal and inverted pickup configuration and no one - including PRS Customer Support seems to know why. Answer given to me was "Paul likes it that way" :)

Don't think twice about it.. common misconception. Your post above is what separates this place from the internet troll zones. Good show!

Back