NGD: McCarty Wood Library

^^^ I agree about the McCarty platform and rosewood necks. I have numerous interations of that PRS platform. I love that combination. But then again, I like like dark chocolate.

Last edited:
Les - happy you got a good 40 mins into her, and wishing you many many MANY more...she's a beauty. Jack really got this run right. Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Unbelievable. Truly.
VIDEO + SOUND CLIP else life is not going to be the same!!!!!

I will do one, of course. It's my M.O.!

Les, if you could only own one amp, which would you choose?

HXDA

Plus, if it's like mine, no more funny bone on that arm!

I never thought of that! You're right! It's probably just like yours, they moved the nerve!

OP can you list your guitars now and what the pros / cons relative to each other are?

McCarty Singlecut, McCarty WL, CU24 30th PS, 20th PS, Tonare Grand PS. Not a lot of guitars! But they're good ones.

Each one does a special set of things. I can't really think of any "cons," all of the attributes are positive.

Love the description "like caramel." I think that's a great descriptor for the sound of mahogany necks, as opposed to other kinds of wood. As much as I like my rosewood-neck guitars (and the different species of rosewood are quite different) I find that rosewood adds a certain texture to the sound that is not at all smooth like caramel. Maybe varying shades of dark chocolate?

I like rosewood quite a bit. Yeah, I'd go with dark chocolate!

^^^ I agree about the McCarty platform and rosewood necks. I have numerous interations of that PRS platform. I love that combination. But then again, I like like dark chocolate.

You know, there are so many great permutations with this stuff. It's really incredible the sounds they get out of these guitars.

Congrats to you, fine sir, on a great addition, and a reason to get on the therapy horse. Glad things are coming back around.

First of all, I am very glad to see you back on the horse, feeling better and playing. Do not over do it and let your body heal. The tone generated by your fingers will come back and then some.

As far as your new guitar and review, I always enjoy reading your post which are so informative, down the middle and helpful to me as a long time admirer of the brand who binge shopped over the past year or so. That is a spectacular guitar and unfortunately I cannot swing right now with four more college payments to go for my son. With a 3.8 last semester at a super hard school, money well spent.

After he is done and decides he wants to work instead of go back to school for law or whatever, my order will be in for that exact guitar in Santana yellow or old school green.

Les,
I just read your description of your new guitar. It sounds like just what I would desire! I am so happy that you are able to play so quickly after having your cast removed. The new guitar should prove to be truly an inspiration in helping you regain your dexterity.
It sure is a beautiful guitar!
Continue to heal and regain your playing abilities. And, congratulations on getting such a sweet piece! :)

First to everyone, thanks for the good wishes! I'm really excited about the guitar. Also, many of the guys here encouraged me to move forward and not get in a funk over the hand problem. That really helped me deal with it, and get the surgery done and over with. You guys are the best -- you understand what it is to love to play music.

That is a spectacular guitar and unfortunately I cannot swing right now with four more college payments to go for my son. With a 3.8 last semester at a super hard school, money well spent.

Congrats on your son's school success! It's the best investment you can make! I put three through college, and they're all happy and successful today making Dad very proud. ;)

Just want to join the chorus in knowing that your hand will recover and be without pain, just as mine did after having a tendon transplanted from my left forefinger to my thumb. I can't quite manage a hitch-hiker's thumb with it, but I have no problem caressing any of my guitar's necks. And what a wonderful feeling it is being able to button my shirts and pants once again. You will do a Phoenix rise from the ashes and we all want to hear more clips! Do it, dude! But take it easy and don't rush things. Listen to your therapist, they know their stuff.

markintime,
I have the same problem with my left thumb, middle finger, and pinky. Radial nerve loss.
Sorry to hear it.

Back