Still don't know why the Studio and the NFs had to go

If you’re not a fan of the natural finish, I could look after it for you, for a while! Just saying ;)

Wow! That is really nice of you! Stop by to pick it up whenever you like... and bring $5200.00 in cash with you, and then you can be the second person to look after it for a little while. hahaha :p

They are replacing her with the Studio S2. This year.

Why would they be bringing back the Studio when they have a Custom 24-08? Doesn't that kinda do the same thing (providing the ability to make Stratocaster-esque tones)? Even more so now that they are actually making a 21st Century version of the Stratocaster in the Silver Sky model. I think that was one of the main reasons I bought my Studio back around 2011... to get Stratty sounds without having to own a Strat.

Why would they be bringing back the Studio when they have a Custom 24-08? Doesn't that kinda do the same thing (providing the ability to make Stratocaster-esque tones)? Even more so now that they are actually making a 21st Century version of the Stratocaster in the Silver Sky model. I think that was one of the main reasons I bought my Studio back around 2011... to get Stratty sounds without having to own a Strat.

Oh, I forgot, the S2 Studio model won't have any Narrowfield pickups or a 57/08 bridge pickup. Completely different animal.

I own the Studio with Narrow fields and 57/08 PUPS.
Yet it won't be out till November the S2 Studio, it is very different 2 Single Coils and one Humbucker. It is priced much lower the my Studio was. Yet for around 1400, it may be good?

If only the neck was bigger, I would still own the SAS in my avatar. The thing sounded incredible, and under good lights? That gold foil finish was mesmerizing! Sadly I sold it "Jersey style" and replaced it with a nice Les Paul Traditional, which then got traded for an early Jeff Beck Strat in mint shape.

This is my PRS Narrowfield pickup family: S2 Vela Semi-Hollow, McCarty Narrowfield, NF3 and the Studio.

nf-family-3-jpg.633526

This is my PRS Narrowfield pickup family: S2 Vela Semi-Hollow, McCarty Narrowfield, NF3 and the Studio.

nf-family-3-jpg.633526

So unusual to my eye, to see such a large expanse of “real estate” between pickups on the McCarty! Just because I’m so used to seeing the relatively smaller gap between two HB’s!

I know they’re called Narrowfields for a reason!;)

Nice NF family

Last edited:

nf-family-3-jpg.633526

Nice collection! That's one of, what, the five McCarty NF's that PRS sold? I remember looking at them when they were introduced and thinking "they look so weird -- even if they sound great, they won't sell." That was followed immediately by the thought that an HSS version would be fabulous. So I was delighted when they brought out the Studio and bought one, but alas, they too didn't sell...

Back