Mark Knopfler Guitar Collection

Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
Too bad the sale's over.

Here's a highlight, page 62, the R9 LP that recorded 'Money For Nuthin' at a ridiculously low pre-sale estimate:
Edit: can't talk prices here but I think I can say that it did go for more than that and close to a 1959 at the same auction.

Screenshot-2024-02-01-at-4-57-45-PM.png

Last edited:
Too bad the sale's over.

Here's a highlight, page 62, the R9 LP that recorded 'Money For Nuthin' at a ridiculously low pre-sale estimate:
Edit: can't talk prices here but I think I can say that it did go for more than that and close to a 1959 at the same auction.

Screenshot-2024-02-01-at-4-57-45-PM.png
I was surprised to see a lot of prices that were pretty low start points IMO, but I don't know sh!t about the market, so there is that.

Yes, shame the sale is over but none the less, cool reading material for 6 string geeks ;~))

I was surprised to see a lot of prices that were pretty low start points IMO, but I don't know sh!t about the market, so there is that.

Yes, shame the sale is over but none the less, cool reading material for 6 string geeks ;~))
Auction pre sale estimates are generally low for anything but a guitar that is really famous. Actual sale prices are typically some multiple of that. I base this on the auctions I have watched live.

Back