Make my McCarty rock!

I bought the S2 Mccarty as well. It was the loudest unplugged electric I've ever owned. Like you I did not care for the pups at all. Bridge pup in OD was great, but the cleans were not and the volume roll off was bad as well. I took it back and ordered the anniversary model. I too have started looking at the Starla core model. It appears I'll be waiting a while on the anniversary Mccarty.

I bought the S2 Mccarty as well. It was the loudest unplugged electric I've ever owned. Like you I did not care for the pups at all. Bridge pup in OD was great, but the cleans were not and the volume roll off was bad as well. I took it back and ordered the anniversary model. I too have started looking at the Starla core model. It appears I'll be waiting a while on the anniversary Mccarty.
Yeah I ended up moving the McCarty along. Got what I paid for it which was nice. Replaced it with a used Core Starla. Definitely an improvement tone-wise while keeping the same neck carve. Not keeping the axe though so if you know anybody looking… ;)

Back