Doing some tweaks on my PRS SE Soapbar...

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
Still the same Bare Knuckle Nantucket P90's but I changed the covers to Cream.

Also changed the knobs to amber. Looks classy.

I'm going to put a PRS Paul bridge with the brass inserts on it as soon as it shows up.

This guitar is becoming a terrific SLIDE guitar and Roots Rocker! I keep it in open E or A because the strings are still the light .010 set of Rotosounds that came with the BKP pickups. When i change them to mediums I'll tune it to open D and G more often.

I've been doing some things different with the polepiece adjustment and height adjustment of the pickups.

All subject to change, but I've moved the neck pickup away from the strings but brought the polepieces up closer to the strings and that's giving me a cool, clear, jazzy sound. You might say more acoustic but it's definitely electric.

Sounds very different from the way I have the bridge pickup set up.

The bridge pickup I want to snarl and honk a bit. So the body of the pickup is closer to the strings and the polepieces are not raised as much. The whole pickup is closer to the strings.

I'm very happy with the sound I'm getting and expect it to get a little better when I replace the bridge/tailpiece with the Paul bridge.

Last edited:
Back