Advice needed on s2 Pickup issue

Quick update for you guys who've been helping me with this. PRS UK have responded - they think the pickup rings are correct for the model, and if anything the pickups are sitting too low in the rings. Therefore they want to bring the guitar in to check the setup. I think getting it into the PTC for a second look is a great result, so fingers crossed.

Perfect 'cos I couldn't see anything wrong except a slightly high action and very low pickup height. PTC should be able to bring both those back into harmony. Its easy to roughly check the neck relief with two hands and your eyes.

Hold down the low E at first fret and last fret and look for a gap between string and fret at fret 8. If the strings are touching fret 8 or frets around that area your relief may be too low.

It will be interesting to see what PTC says, as those pickups are too low to cause string draw, in my view. Good luck, man!

Perfect 'cos I couldn't see anything wrong except a slightly high action and very low pickup height. PTC should be able to bring both those back into harmony. Its easy to roughly check the neck relief with two hands and your eyes.

Hold down the low E at first fret and last fret and look for a gap between string and fret at fret 8. If the strings are touching fret 8 or frets around that area your relief may be too low.

It will be interesting to see what PTC says, as those pickups are too low to cause string draw, in my view. Good luck, man!

Agree!

I’m sure they’ll get you sorted out, one way or another.

Back