Looks Like PRS Is Open Again.

Great article to read! And, once again, to no ones surprise, CLASS ACT! I've been looking at guitars a lot over the last couple of weeks, searching for the next. I was leaning heavily towards the used market, but after reading this, I'll do my part to support PRS. I'm buying NEW. It'll be a month, or two, but it will happen!

Great article to read! And, once again, to no ones surprise, CLASS ACT! I've been looking at guitars a lot over the last couple of weeks, searching for the next. I was leaning heavily towards the used market, but after reading this, I'll do my part to support PRS. I'm buying NEW. It'll be a month, or two, but it will happen!

I'm feeling the same way now as well.

Dang, I'm very glad I have a to-be-built guitar on order to help with that revenue, and will now also look to buy new the round after that.

And yes, kudos to PRS for keeping the employees on the payroll - that should help re-ignite the passion for working there, after the lockdown. Hopefully everyone can resume full-time work soon, since it sounds like only 25% are going back to work right now.

Makes me proud to play PRS guitars (and I understand that the feeling is not reciprocal, but hey - I've heard me play, too).

This reminds me of a story a friend of mine tells a lot. He saw a story on 60 Minutes about a factory in South Carolina that burned down. The factory was a total loss. The owner called all employees in to a meeting where he announced that he did plan to rebuild, but that it would take about a year before the new factory would be up and running. And, oh yeah - you all still have jobs and you'll all be paid during the rebuild. My buddy's big point - and it most definitely applies here - is how sad is it that a company doing the right thing by its people is news instead of just normal business.

Serious props to PRS for paying all their employees during the lockdown, and taking on debt to do it. That's amazing.

Stand up and be acknowledged, PRS: There's at least one company in the US that did right by its workers.

=K

Serious props to PRS for paying all their employees during the lockdown, and taking on debt to do it. That's amazing.

Stand up and be acknowledged, PRS: There's at least one company in the US that did right by its workers.

=K

I also posted this article, and excerpts from the text, over at ThatGuitarPlace, since there are so many PRS fans there too. ;)

Everyone should know this story.

Look, it's good, smart business: PRS cannot afford to lose its highly skilled, deeply experienced work force when production resumes.

But it's also a stand-up thing to do. Damn rare to see these days.

=K

Back