Long time forum reader first time poster

Chris Crumpton

Guitars and Gear addict
Hey all so I’ve been kind of stalking the forum for years reading on my dream guitar as much as possible. Note I’ve owned a few PRS SE’s and loved them all but my dream has been to own a “real” American made PRS since I was 14 years old. I turn 40 this year and I finally own a PRS CE24 Satin nitro blackout and my god it’s amazing. I’ve played prestige Ibanez, artist series Jackson pro, niche builders creations, new up and comers...etc but honestly nothing has compared to the feel and tone of a PRS. How I have lived without one ask this time is beyond me. It’s funny, every single time I’ve gone to buy my dream core custom 24 something comes along to make it not happen (mostly expenses involving my children or my wife but hey that’s life). So last week I was playing my strat which I wasn’t overly happy to begin with so I said screw it, I’m not getting any younger so why not finally have what I really want? So after a week of searching day and night I finally found the one that I fell in love with. Well I’m absolutely hooked. I don’t think I’ll ever buy anything else other than PRS because this guitar is everything I’ve ever wanted from a playing experience. Whatever magic is worked at that factory please don’t ever change. Today I’m so proud to join you all as a PRS owner. Now if I could only figure out how to post a picture of my sexy CE24

Yep. Now you dun done it! All those "expenses", well, your ol lady will just end up being angry (but she'll get over it). Why, because you will start prioritizing guitars over her ;) Welcome aboard.
Yeah brother I’m already in that boat lol. You know I messed up marrying a girl that already hates musicians because she was with a douchey singer before me. I had to reassure her by telling her “but babe singers don’t count as musicians!” Yeah it still didn’t work but hey at least I finally got my PRS

Welcome to the forums. You should already know that you need to post or respond to at least 3 posts before you can post pictures. Make sure you use a third party hosting site like imgur or something like that. Cant wait to see your dream guitar.
That's probably a smart thing to do considering the digital world is choked by scammers and spam bots.

Hey so the guy I bought it from said it was a limited edition Sweetwater run of 150 guitars. This particular one is smoke gray/black satin with some crazy curly flame going on. It looks stunning. The serial number didn't have like a 1 of 150 type thing to correlate that that I know of. Hope would one verify that being a limited run? Truth be told I snagged it because I live satin finished necks and it looked like there Mark Holcomb signature I probably won't be able to afford unless I figure out a way to cash in my life insurance early

Congrats - the CE 24 is an amazing guitar! It has a ton of different tones in it and yes, that satin neck is a treat. A new Trampas Green one may have arrived at my house recently as well...

Last edited:
Welcome Chris! Can’t wait to see your guitar.

Congrats - the CE 24 is an amazing guitar! It has a tone of different tones in it and yes, that satin neck is a treat. A new Trampas Green one may have arrived at my house recently as well...
That trampas green is really something! I had an SE 30th anniversary with Floyd Rose and that color was super sexy. That's the other color I was considering for mine because it's so striking. Congrats! I can't wait to see her!

D0-AC42-ED-CC78-400-A-89-EF-746-C22-C20348.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
20-C68-F4-A-965-C-4480-85-C3-9916-DCC4-CA7-C.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
ABECBF73-A369-4702-84-D9-FC04017-F06-A2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
And here she is. No pictures really do her Justice. She looks different from however the light hits. That's pretty crazy too considering it's a satin finish with a darker color. Generally high gloss translucent finishes do that
Hopefully this worked. I hope I fulfilled the obligatory perquisites

D0-AC42-ED-CC78-400-A-89-EF-746-C22-C20348.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
20-C68-F4-A-965-C-4480-85-C3-9916-DCC4-CA7-C.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
ABECBF73-A369-4702-84-D9-FC04017-F06-A2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
And here she is. No pictures really do her Justice. She looks different from however the light hits. That's pretty crazy too considering it's a satin finish with a darker color. Generally high gloss translucent finishes do that
Hopefully this worked. I hope I fulfilled the obligatory perquisites
Hmmmm....I am unable to see the pictures

Back