Loaners

Someone I've invited to a cookout of mine wants to try out some guitars under my close personal supervision, not a problem at all. The first guitars I ever tried out were the result of someone affording me the opportunity to do so and i don't mind returning the favor to someone else.

But if you want to borrow one of mine for a gig (or a tour), your name had better be a household name as an internationally known performer who is willing to leave one of your own prized guitars as collateral until I get mine back.

I loaned out a good quality clip on radio mic to an old band mate years ago, it came back to me beaten to cr@p.

The real kick in the chuckies, was his Dad trying to give me a piece of sh!te “Radio Shack” as a replacement and wanting me to sign a homemade waiver, whilst they kept my kit that cost a few hundred.

The guy was a douche, typical spoilt brat that was given whatever he wanted and took care of nothing!

I’m of the same attitude as Hans, Les and several others. If I borrow something it goes back probably in better condition than when it came to me.

I loaned out a good quality clip on radio mic to an old band mate years ago, it came back to me beaten to cr@p.

The real kick in the chuckies, was his Dad trying to give me a piece of sh!te “Radio Shack” as a replacement and wanting me to sign a homemade waiver, whilst they kept my kit that cost a few hundred.

The guy was a douche, typical spoilt brat that was given whatever he wanted and took care of nothing!

I’m of the same attitude as Hans, Les and several others. If I borrow something it goes back probably in better condition than when it came to me.
What an Eh-hole...
I can say that cuz I'm Canadian...:rolleyes:

I have a select few that I have let take guitars of mine.

I will not ask to borrow anybody's guitars. In fact I don't noodle around on other guitars for more than a few seconds.

I play heavy handed and that's not cool on a guitar that doesn't belong to you.

Except for the windmills, I take it very easy on other peoples’ guitars. If they’ve been kind enough share, I can be kind enough to strip naked and avoid any zippers. Share and share alike.

Uh.......I wouldn’t consider that “kind.” :rolleyes:

Maybe kind of perverted. :p

But hey....maybe that’s just me.

Back