Let's Talk - The Perfect Band For You!

As a bassist: The initial answer for True Musical Fit, per my style, would be Lynyrd Skynyrd / Bad Company / Styx / Queen
(And John Deacon is INCREDIBLY Underrated as a bassist!!!) Some of his bass lines hurt my fingers. :p:confused:

Now, I can fake my way through at least 1 minute of EVERY Rush tune, but then that Geddy guy does sumtin stoooopid with the bass.

I suppose I'm a bit of an outlier,

London Symphony. As a dreamer-composer, they're the right orchestra for me. But as a real-life composer they'd never play my work in a billion zillion years.

Hey. I'm working on making the compositions better. But it's still NEVER gonna happen. :(

As a guitar player, my best fit would be The Allman Brothers. Unfortunately, they'd probably stick me on keyboards. :(

I'm a person of unrequited dreams... ;)

Are these your favorite bands or the bands that line up with your actual playing style?
Yes. I play Hendrix and Trower and lots of other stuff, but the stuff I played the most was Van Halen, Ozzie, Rush and Mahogany Rush, and others in those veins. I played lots of Black Sabbath, and Johnny Winter and Whitesnake and all kinds of other stuff. But the ones that influenced MY style the most when I wasn't playing someone elses music, was those first 4.

Yes. I play Hendrix and Trower and lots of other stuff, but the stuff I played the most was Van Halen, Ozzie, Rush and Mahogany Rush, and others in those veins. I played lots of Black Sabbath, and Johnny Winter and Whitesnake and all kinds of other stuff. But the ones that influenced MY style the most when I wasn't playing someone elses music, was those first 4.
We all can play a lot of things but I am talking about your genuine, true guitar style. Not if you can pull off Crazy Train. Iommi wouldn't fit with Rush. Randy wouldn't fit with Johnny winter. Hendrix wouldn't fit with Whitessnake, etc. Dig deeper grasshopper, what band is your perfect fit? :)

In no particular order:
San Francisco late '60s.

Big Brother & the Holding Company.
Quicksilver Messenger Service.
Jefferson Airplane.

(No, I don't sound even remotely British.)

I have always wanted to be in a Spyro Gyra type band
I love that stuff but quite frankly, I lack the chops to play it well.

Back