Let's talk about Pizza, man!!

John Beef

Opaque
I like pizza. It's probably the only thing I eat every week. Friday night is pizza night.

What's your favorite pizza?

Also, this is a great invention:

h7F1BB15E.gif

The French have some 'interesting' ideas about pizza, however, locally they do a white pizza, with creme fraiche spread on it and the regional speciality is bits of duck and prunes. Sounds weird but works. Equally good with bacon bits, onions, mushrooms and sliced potato.

I have my own combination that I happen to love:

Pepperoni
Canadian Bacon
Beef/hamburger (optional)
Bacon
Mushrooms
Green peppers (optional)
Jalapenos
Pineapple
Extra cheese

No thin crust b.s., you go hand-tossed or pan or GTFO. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.

Out of the national chains, I personally like Pizza Hut best. Double Dave's is good too.

I like a New York style pizza, as well, but I live in Texas, and not many places do that here.

What a great idea on that box.

I'll eat almost any pizza, and I don't have any one style that I prefer. It usually comes down to what I am in the mood for or how much I want to spend (I gotta admit that Little Caeser's and CiCi's Pizza are both pretty good for the price).

If I want to get exotic, I'll go by Shakespeare's Pizza when I'm back in Columbia, MO. Around here, we have a place called Mellow Mushroom, and they have a pie called the "Hey, Dude." It has buffalo chicken, bacon, and jalapeno peppers and a drizzling of ranch dressing. It is amazing!

One I saw on Food Network that I would like to try was peanut butter and jelly. It sounds strange, but I like warm peanut butter on toast, so it can't be far from that.

Jimano's is the home of not only my favorite pizza, but also my favorite ribs.

Have you ever tried Pointer's Pizza? I had never heard of them when in Missouri, but I saw something about them on Food Network after we moved. (Apparently I watch too much Food Network!) They had one of those eating challenges...two people, an hour, and a pizza I swear was three-feet in diameter.

Have you ever tried Pointer's Pizza? I had never heard of them when in Missouri, but I saw something about them on Food Network after we moved. (Apparently I watch too much Food Network!) They had one of those eating challenges...two people, an hour, and a pizza I swear was three-feet in diameter.

That's really close to Eddie's Guitars. I'll have to check it out after Experience and my final weigh in.

....the world famous Frank Pepe from Connecticut opened up a restaurant in Yonkers which is just like the CT location quality wise...

Pepes has been opening new locations all over the place. Pretty good Pizza. BUT, Sally's Apizza on Wooster St. in New Haven, CT is the best pizza on the planet in my opinion. Plain with garlic, MM!

Another New Yorker here of Italian descent.
Some great places around but none compares to mom's homemade pizza especially with dad's garden fresh tomatoes and hot peppers they jar themselves.
The texture of the crust and the flavors can't be beat.

I refuse to even listen to anybody's opinion about pizza that isn't from Chicago.:tongue::tongue:

There are a number of STL food items that I consider the best around but our pizza is super thin crust and not my favorite. I shouldn't be able to by a large one topping pizza for $3. It is that thin!

I give it up for Gooey Louie, Fitz, and Switzer and anyone cooking up a mad flavored pork steak. Those are proper STL fixings.

I refuse to even listen to anybody's opinion about pizza that isn't from Chicago.:tongue::tongue:
The one time I played a show in Chicago (at the Double Door in 2005) we had like 8 hours to kill between when we got to the venue and when we had to play. But we were on foot, having flown in on a redeye and taken the blue train to the venue. This being before smartphones, we went out wandering the streets to try to find some of this Chicago pizza we'd heard about. The only thing we could find was a New York style place! It was good and they had good beer, so we were happy.

What's my favorite pizza?

Also a New Yorker... I travel quite a bit and I also don't mean to sound snobbish but I have never had pizza outside of the greater NYC metropolitan area that I could really call pizza (except for Chicago...they do it right also). Lots of local great pizzerias around... a few that come to mind... Grimaldi's, Totino's, Lombardi's, John's of Bleeker Street, Rosa's in Huntington... if you are ever in the NYC area, make it a point to visit one of these places. I would never call pizza chains good pizza...they are not authentic. Real Italian tomato sauce, mozzarella and proper pizza dough are the starting points....not commercial garbage. Again sorry to sound like a snob but I get very emotional when I talk about Pizza, it's close to my heart (actually I've had to see a cardiologist about it being close to my heart :))

As for the video....What only one slice each?

Back